ActiveX interfacing with an in-process DLL

In my current project, I decided to make an custom activeX control as a 'replacement' FeatureManager. (Its a custom treeview that allows numeric/boolean/listbox inputs within the tree, and I'll be putting it in a newly created FeatureManager Tab)

I currently have all the code that interfaces the ActiveX with my SW API code bundled into the ActiveX, but noticed a considerable lag in SW feature generation/rebuild time from when the API-related code was run as a SW macro (In Process).

The obvious fix here is to make the VB code as a plugin DLL, but what status does that leave the activex code? If the activeX code is started from an in-Process .DLL, is the code inside the activeX also now running in-process?

Will I be able to access variables stored within the activeX code? And what about events?

Reply to
rocheey