Runtime Error - AGAIN!

Hi,

Has anyone gotten the "Runtime Error" I believe it said C++ too? But honestly cannot remember - too pissed off right now !!!

I can not be the only one getting this error - I am not that special!

Also, I get this error always at the worst times, and of course no warning of the pending crash occurs... and always when I have at least 10 parts and assemblies open too.

I have lost at least 10+ hours this year alone on this and other errors... it just is not acceptable for SolidWorks errors to be so cryptic as to find no way to help correct or avoid them. Please SolidWorks Corp. trap your errors (or those of your other running processes) better - PLEASE! At least it will give us/me a fighting chance to fix them... I cannot use SW RX all the time in hopes that I "trap" / "capture" this error.

With the amount of time and money I have lost over the years far exceeds the "Maintenance" fees alone - SolidWorks Corp. should be paying me instead of me forking over $2K a year for Service Packs (I rarely, maybe 3 times a year, use my VAR for issues - thus WAY OVER PRICED)... I would send this one to them to my VAR to give them something to do, but cannot make it repeat under any known circumstance.

I do love SW when it works - but... HATE SW MORE WHEN I LOOSE WORK and AM FORCED TO DO WORK OVER!

Sorry for the rant - loathe working over a holiday weekend...

Thanks,

Aron

HP xw4100 - P4 HT, 2G RAM, nVidia Quadra FX 1100 SolidWorks Premium 2007, SP3.1 Windows One Care - all software updated and OK

Reply to
Aron (bacsdesign.com)

Thats their new way of saying you've been screwed. I get the C++ error at times also but figure its a part of life any more. Just remember to save more often. That's probably why they added the message that pops up at set times to remember to save your file or files. Take heed to the warning and do save when they remind you to.

In the earlier servicepacks of 2007 there seemed to be something screwy with the display list or preview data getting messed up in the file, you might want to try to use Ecosqueeze to strip it out.

Reply to
Mike Zobrest

Only 10 hours? I'd be thrilled with that big an improvement. 10 hours a month is more on the order of what I see.

I would send this

Even when I use Rx and send it to my VAR I don't get a resolution (not even once have they been able to help). Totally useless. I get far more answers searching here.

SolidWorks has a LONG way to go to be a top tier cad package.

Reply to
ed_1001

Actually you are special, very special. As the old line goes, not just any idiot can run SolidWorks. It takes a very special kind of idiot. (I first heard it applied to Bass players.)

Jerry Steiger