Attributes and data in a dwg

Hi to everyone? I'd like to know how I can associate some attributes to a geometry in a dwg file. I need to explore all of the possibilities about that. I'm referring to a dwg that I can use in AutoCAD, not necessarily in Autodesk Map 3D. I usually work with GIS environments like ArcGIS by ESRI, so I'd like to know how I can "simulate" a shapefile (geometries+database) with a dwg. I'm looking for documentation about extended data but I didn't find anything in the help of Autodesk. Thanks to every one.

Giuseppe

Reply to
Pupuccio

HiHo; Try to find "XDAT.LSP program by Kieran V. McKeogh of AUTODESK" AutoDesk used to have a explaination of extended entity data on the AutoCad web site. If you can't find anything, I have some very old programs I put together in the 90's for searching/adding data to objects. Some of the group codes are listed in the programs and may be of help to you.

Reply to
bestafor