Creating Shapes and adding them to dwg files ...

Hello !!!
I have a problem with shapes and my own linetypes. I have created linetype, using shape (semicircle) and number inside the line. It looked like
hat: ---C ---1---C ---1--- And I wanted to plot a map, where I used that kind of lines. At my own computer I had these files in folder: AutoCAD LT 98:
a) myown.shp b) myown.shx c) myown.lin
I could plot this map with lines with no problems. I have copied this map to my friend's computer and didn't have files like: myown.shp myown.shx myown.lin And I ploted this map from his computer, and I could see the lines but without shapes. I guess - it was becauoss of lack of shp and shx file. This line looked like that: --- ---1--- ---1---
My question is:
is it possible to connect a dwg file with shapes used in that draw? Will that help? What can help in that situation. I DO NOT WANT to copy these files: myown.shp myown.shx myown.lin - to my friend's computer. It would help-I'm sure. But I do not want to do that.
HELP me PLEASE. Give me some hints or full sollution.
marek g.
The only way know is by providing the line support files you don't want to put on his PC!
It's so easy to give him a disc with these files, so why don't you want to give them to him ?

You could *ADD* your shape to his/her shp file and recompile it into a new shx. Other than that, you are stuck.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com