plotting question

if I change my lineweights in the layer properties, the lines don't change. how can I assign heavier weights to certain layers?
TIA Rob
Longshot wrote:

Are you using STB or CTB? How are the lineweights set there? If a lineweight is specified in the style table, the layer's lineweight setting (or other Acad lineweight property setting) is irrelevant.

What's STB or CTB? I have found plenty of places where I can adjust em. but they still aren't plotting .
It would be nice if I could just create a plotting style that would recognize the LW by layer. I don't do too much of this civil stuff.. TIA Rob

I looked it up :p) ... I am using CTB , help file says I need to install migratory assistant? how would I know if I had already done that?
BTW: I am using 2000i
Thx Rob
Longshot wrote:

That's irrelevant, really. Go into your plot style, whichever CTB you're using. Go to whichever color and set the Lineweight to "Use Object Lineweight". This will cause the plotted result to use whatever lineweight setting is defined for the object. (Don't forget that the object must have a lineweight setting of bylayer for the layer's setting to apply.)
If you try this and it still doesn't show, be sure that you're using the CTB that you think you are. Not that I've ever cussed at a STB I thought I was using, or anything. ;)

Same here.
ahhhh... that did it. Thanks a bunch ...
plain old drafting is such a bore. I prefer doing layout work...
Rob