Student AutoCAD 2006 Extension

I have, or had, the Student version of Autocad 2006, which I bought at my college bookstore. I did not realize I would need it for longer than the one
year, so I bought the one year license. In Help>About it says the license type is extendable, and I was wondering if anyone knows what this means. AutoCAD customer service referred me to my bookstore, who were no help at all. Thx in advance.
Levi-