License / Serial #

I bought AUTOCAD 2002 today at a college bookstore. Got home, installed it. During installation it asked me for the serial number and cd-key. It said these were on the box it came in..... NO such luck no numbers or anything to be seen.... I bypassed this shit finished installing... As I went to use it for the first time I get an error message, "A License error has occurred". Then another box pops up saying, "Fatal Error: The Security System (SoftLock license manager), is not functioning.....

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE, AND HOW CAN I RECTIFY IT. I didn't pay $327 for a piece of shit........

PLEASE HELP

DG

Reply to
DG

Either contact your bookstore or Autodesk directly. BTW, why buy 2002 and not 2004?

Michael (LS)

Reply to
Michael (LS)

Apparently the C-Dilla License Manager is not properly installed. You should have a hidden folder C_dilla at your boot disk root.

The C-Dilla version shipped with Acad 2002 is 3.23 and it does not function with Win XP, you have to upgrade to 3.27 (RTS_3_27_000.zip) to make it work.

The upgrade can be downloaded from Autodesk's support pages.

You still need to enter the authorization code during the 30 days grace period.

Reply to
Caveman

Reply to
Jim Williams