Autocad Alternatives

I am faced to choose whether to stay with AutoCad - Architectural Desktop or not due to the forced retirement, and the latest releases new licensing requirements that force you to have one license per station.

The license issue is the key for me, since it says that you can no longer expand and contract your office (ie summer interns) as necessary without having licenses for all, and for a small business this is a hefty hit.

I am exploring several alternatives and would be interested in feed back.

  1. Vectorworks 11 seems to be a pretty good choice
  2. IntelliCad
  3. DataCad
  4. Others???

Any help would be appreciated.

John

Reply to
JS

If you already have AutoCAD then look seriously at IntelliCAD.

Check out my web site at

I'm currently looking into various versions.

Regards

Alan

Reply to
Cadalot

John,

BricsCad (IntelliCad) is very good. An almost-clone of AutoCad. I've used it for a few years and am basically pretty happy with it.

Website:

It's in Belgium. They speak Engish.

VM

JS wrote: