AutoCAD to PS (PDF) problem

We have large autocad file (map with many layers and rasters). We need to export it to PDF or PS. Error occured while doing it is "out of memory".

Configuration we are using is 3.2 GHz Intel CPU i 2GB RAM + 2 SATA discs.

Can someone advise us what to do next. Are there parameters in Acrobat or AutoCAD we need to set different that would help? Would more RAM (4GB) help? Or we need more powerful workstation? Like what?

Please advise us on mail snipped-for-privacy@zg.htnet.hr

Thanks

Reply to
Marijan Poljak

imas IMAGE DRIVER, neki njemacki programcic, on je free za prvih 50 printanja u PDF ili u TIFF. S njime mozes napraviti i velike karte, npr 1x1.4 m, mi smo jednu 50.000 printali i rezultat je odlican. Inace koristimo i pdf955 ali je za vece karte neupotrebljiv. Acrobat je najbolji ali ga treba podesiti, ali s njime nisam radio.

Reply to
pluton

mo¿e by¶ tak po angielsku odpowiedzia³? to jest miêdzynarodowa grupa

U¿ytkownik "pluton" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news:c8vlrg$1uf$ snipped-for-privacy@ls219.htnet.hr...

Reply to
qaziq

Oops, I did again. Sorry. So, there is the IMAGE DRIVER, program from Germany, it's free for first 50 printing to PDF or TIFF. It's very usefull for large maps, like 1x1.4 mts, even larger.

PDF955 it's something different tools, but it's works fine, except really large plots. But, PDF955 generated a temporary file, *.ps, and these files can be used some elsewhere.

I'm not using ACROBAT, so I can't tell about this,

Reply to
pluton