CATIA V5 to AutoCAD 2006

Does anyone know whether a 3D object/model constructed in CATIA V5 can be exported or saved with a file format that can be opened and
manipulated in AutoCAD 2006?
snipped-for-privacy@juno.com wrote:

I'd like to hear of any good answers, as this has been a pain for me too.
The only half-answer I can give you is what I'm now doing: using Mechanical Desktop and getting STEP files from CATIA which MD can import reasonably well.
I had to upgrade from vanilla AutoCAD to get MD though, which may not be an option for you...
Good luck! Neil
Try out the IGES export from Catia. But when reading the IGES into MDT you should try out some import options (or - finally - create your own). Regards Jochen