Selecting 3D-2D CAD Program

Hi, to begin, sorry my bad english.

I have to take a choice of a CAD program with 3D posibilities. The things that I seek in it are: Good Exporting to others programs in 3d formats and DWG/DXF for autocad, Real ISO Drafting and good in drafting to draw the planes.

The options:

CATIA v5 Solidworks 2007 Solid Edge 19 Autodesk Inventor 7 Pro/Engineer Wildfire 3 Unigraphics NX 4

I have used CATIA before, and its really intuitive of use in 3d modeling, and great in drafting, but is a hell in exporting, overall in dwg/dxf exporting (the exported autocad planes are awful and need so much retouching).

The process I want is: 3D Modeling and testing, Make draft in 3D program, export draft to autocad, retouch planes in autocad and print or share. In between it can be IN and OUT of 3D models from/to other companies, and we know that every company use a different program almost always, what is a problem.

Its difficult to me to find the prices of each package, anyone knows how much it cost every of the listed programs, approximately.

Thanks very much.

Reply to
noctum.cg

I have found that importing into solidworks is quite easy. and it is a whole lot more sable than inventor.

Reply to
stevan k

You should review Alibre.

Very nice. Almost identical to SolidWorks and Inventor.

You can download the FREE "Express"version, that is limited to 10 part assembly.

Ecen the full vresion is only $1,000 dollars U.S.

Enjoy. > Hi, to begin, sorry my bad english.

Reply to
ShutterSales

My company is going through this process and we have narrowed it down to:

Solid Works Base $3995 per seat Solid Works Pro $5940 per seat

Solid Edge $4000 per seat

Inverntor $5295 per seat

Dont forget to include maintaince fees $600 - $1495 per year per seat

Dont rush into anything, all of them will give free trials

It really depends on what you need the CAD system for as to which ones to consider. Go the the websites and find local vendors if not local then call the main head quarters They will give you all the info you need an want.

Dave

Reply to
dmglowen