2D to 3D conversion

I'm struggling a bit to understand the best way to convert a 2D DWG to a 3D model using the 2D to 3D conversion method outlined in help. The problem I run into is after I have extracted my sketches to represent my front, top and right views, the sketches are automatically offset making it difficult to extude. If I extrude the front sketch to a point on a adjacent sketch (top or right) I'm left with material between the intended sketches. Is there anyway to specify the extrusion as following the perpendicular sketch? or do I need to create new planes?

Reply to
SR

It sounds as if you are talking about things the 'Align' tool on the 2D to

3D conversion palette provides. Have you reviewed the Help file?

JJ

Reply to
JJ

as I know, 2D to 3D conversion is not an easy and automated task. You can do only conversion of basic primitives and not too sophisticated solids.

The best tool for such converstion is Bentley Microstation (? - or another Bentley application ; I don't remember which).

Reply to
Jarocki