2D CAD

Hi,

Our best wishes for a Happy, Healty and Prosperous New Year.

At your service: the most powerful, user friendly and maintained 2D CAD system and still being FREEWARE can be downloaded here:

Greetings,

H. Marien

Reply to
Hugo Marien

Can it create a DXF or DWG file? Can it import a DXF or DWG file to work with?

-- Bill DeShawn snipped-for-privacy@nospamsterling.net

Bill DeShawn

Doesn't much matter. They claim "the most powerful, user friendly and maintained 2D CAD" but, apparently, it only runs on dos based systems. Not to useful.

Reply to
CW

Does not run under Windows 2000. Suggest you try elswhere. Would have suggested choiceCAD, but this is now called AllyCAD and the price is silly.

Reply to
designer

Hi,

What is wrong with you people, don't believe everything: DOS programs are running fine and very fast under Windows 2000 and XP, but they have to be placed on FAT16/32 disks and they can only access data that is stored on FAT disks, that's the only limitation. They can profit from DOS implementations in Windows 2000 and XP (yes, these systems are supporting a virtual DOS system !)

DESI-III does not support DXF or DWG. Is it of importance ? Only for some people.

Hugo

"Bill DeShawn" schreef in bericht news:AeNJb.18944$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com...

Reply to
Hugo Marien

Well, then, I guess it can't to DXF or DWG, then. Guess it needs some work.

Reply to
Bill DeShawn

Why?

Reply to
CW

Some would likely suggest this to be a rather serious limitation, in a networked environment.

Reply to
TomD

Your world is viewed down a long pipe Bill.

Reply to
Cam Jackson

In a 'sharing' world you need something in common and in CAD for good or ill it's DXF

implementations

Reply to
designer

Hehehe..............as tempting as that is, I'm going to leave it alone. It's an even more boring topic. ;)

Reply to
TomD

At the expense of continuing a dull subject, in my general engineering area there seems to be 95% AutoCAD, 5% 'others'. I look at component suppliers web sites and they offer me drawings of their components as DWG or DXF. It may be loathed, but AutoCAD has bums on seats. Why else was the OpenDWG Alliance formed to give access to the DWG file format.

Reply to
designer

I think I am glad I don't know what this is: "OpenDWG Alliance"

Reply to
Longshot

No, you should be informed. Go here:

CW

Just remember, if you use dwg/dxf "you have a narrow view"!

Michael (LS)

Reply to
Michael (LS)

....you've got friends ....all over the world ..thousands and thousands of them ....

Reply to
designer

for what?

Reply to