The best free 2D CAD?

This topic crops up every so often but so does what's on offer.

So what's the best currently available 2D CAD package that is downloadable? Suggestions welcomed

Charles

Reply to
Charles

AutoCAD may be downloaded in hacked versions or similar from several sites. Use Google to find them.

Reply to
Erik Olsen

I use Solidedge, an extremely powerful package IMHO. Tried Alibre and others but Solidedge is favourite.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Edwards

In no order and you will have to do a Google,

A9CAD Progecad DoubleCAD Solid edge 2D Solidworks 2D called DraftChoice. Not sure if alibre still does the free limited version ?

John S.

Reply to
John Stevenson

There was a legit free copy of Intellicad that was supposed to be time-limited but wasn't, there's a lot of copies out there and it is good for using with Autocad files etc.

Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Thanks chaps. Looks like Solidworks 2D is a good option. It's 375meg download so since I'm away from home I'll see how robust the hotel broadband is.......

Charles

Reply to
Charles