cad language

I have an old post and beam building I want to renovate, and need some simple scale drawings for the local building inspector.

Over the last few days I have downloaded demos of various cad programs to evaluate before purchase.

As a novice (read NO training) the thing that always stops me is the language of the various software's.

Is there cad program written simply enough for the novice to use, without going to adult ed for a year first?

Thank you.

Reply to
Jeff Townsend

Sorry, mate, you're out of luck.

One of the reasons for that is copyright. ie, if you're a designer of a cad program, you'd want anyone using your program to stay with it, and not try another someone else's.

So - make facilities and attributes in the program that belong to you, and that no one else can use, or they'd be infringing copyright.

Then make it complicated, so you can sell a training program to go with it as there's lots more money to be made from training courses

Get the picture?

Bastards, aren't they? no altruism in business these days!!

Argusy

Jeff Townsend wrote:

Reply to
argusy

Often, well done hand drawings will suffice for an owner-builder; it varies by jurisdiction. Ask.

Otherwise, for $100 Autosketch might be as simple as it gets.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Do a Google search on Deltacad. Easiest to learn cad program I have seen. Simple but quite adequate for what you want. $40.00,

Reply to
CW

Why not use a pencil on paper?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Happy Trails To You

Reply to
Happy Trails

Why not DL Sketchup. It's free to use for 300+/- minutes and turns out some nice stuff. Dan

Reply to
Dan Deckert