The end of kodachrome

Thanks for that!

Reply to
Don Foreman

The film I miss most is the old Kodak Professional S. I photographed many a wedding with that. It was great for other subjects too, but was a print film. I still have 5 SLR film cameras, and a twin lens reflex. These days everything is done with my DSLR and Photoshop. Work in my darkroom is rare these days.

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve R.

Ive got 11 SLRs...including 4 Canon A1s, a couple F1s, a few various Minoltas etc etc...4 C330s, etc etc etc...and havent shot a roll of film in 3 yrs. In fact..I think there is still a partial roll in my Nikon S1 (rangefinder 35mm) that needs to be finished up one of these days. Chuckle..Ill have to finish it out and see if its Kodachrome..it very well could be. I was testing the camera ....shrug.

I think at one time I inventoried (stroke moment here) and I had something like 35-40 various cameras, from a Minox to 3-4 4x5s.

Need any YashicaMats? I probably have 4 of them...shrug

My darkroom has been taken apart 15 yrs ago. I offered you the Omega D enlargers a while back, simply for the shipping as I recall.

I was looking through the motor home the other day for something..and found a hardcase with a Rolliflex in it..with all the acessories. Didnt remember I had it.

As you do..these days I use digital..but Ive kept my needs low...I bought 4 Olympus C3030s on ebay over time, for a total of..hummm $120 and thats pretty much all I ever use. Works good enough for my needs.

Ah....but the good old days...putting a tripod under an A1 and a 1000mm mirror lens and sitting out in the desert shooting picturs of coyote pups playing.....

Im going to have to dig out the digital slide and negative copier I found out in the motorhome when I found the Rolliflex and get to work posting some of my good (and bad) stuff on Picasa.

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I passed on a Durst enlarger with the color head last week. Guy was willing to give it to me for free.

The digitals do good work but they don't feel like my Canon F1 or EF. Back when a camera was a big solid hunk of brass and glass with some steel thrown in. (Metalworking content ;) )

Wes

Reply to
Wes

I was pleased that the new pharmacy had a new machine inside for color prints. Now there are two in town. Suppose I best get out the Nikons and shoot some frames. I was saving some for astro photography but have not gotten the big scope out. That I have to do.

I'm into digital as well - but enjoy looking at my 60 year old slides from time to time. I'm pleased to say the Ektachrome slides I developed in the

60's are still beautiful. The dyes have not degraded.

Mart> >

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

In another generation. Your Ektachrome will probably be fine. However, no one will have equipment necessary to print from them. And the data storage on computers will be so much changed, no one can print from your digicam pictures of now. Floppies, CD, flash drives. Will all be antique technology. Just as we now consider antique rug beaters, wagon wheels, and IBM punch cards.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The sky is falling !

It isn't all that bad. I've gone through several generations of computers. only the last generation has anything useful to save very long.

Digital pictures will last longer. As so will some of the media.

There is cautious overlap in computer technology now days - Floppies lasted for years - even when they seemed useless. Companies had patches and backups on them - secret codes and the like. Once was an 8" floppy.

Floppies are gone now for the most part - unless you use a USB floppy.

Mart> In another generation. Your Ektachrome will probably be fine. However,

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Sigh. High end scanners and software can scan negatives and invert the colors for digital printing. I have several with cartridges for 35 mm film.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell