the end of holverson designs

I was hoping that Holverson Designs would could back some day as part of Soar Buzzard. I just got word from the Buzzard Man that Soar Buzzard
isn't going to happen. I've pretty much have pulled the plug on any HD come back aspirations.
Unless some Semroc-type company wants to pick these up, I'm going to give the plans and stuff to Jim Z or Rocket Shoppe. And maybe other unfinished business from the late '90s and early'00s.
A lot of the Mel Allen Sink "Phat Grrl" stuff had to do with feelings of going down alone over Fun Rockets.
I saw a stupid sign at Hobby Lobby that said "Sweat + Sacrifice Success". I feel that my Holverson Designs/Fun Rockets and comic experience so badly betrays this.
I may even be out of Model Rocketry by next summer.
Until then, burning off more foam on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&itemY90683348&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&itemY90684238&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&itemY90684827&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
DGH
That should have read, "Sweat + Sacrifice = Success, Sometimes."
Sorry things didn't work out for you. I've been close to quitting a few times myself in the past 11 years. Sometimes within a day or two...and a big order always seems to come in exactly when I need it. Or I go to NYPOWER and get my batteries recharged big time. Whatever, I'm not done yet. I'm not where I wanted to be 10 years ago, but I'm still here.
Whatever you end up doing, I wish you the best. At least you tried, which is more than 99% of people ever do.
Doug Pratt www.pratthobbies.com
snipped-for-privacy@rocketryonline.com wrote:

Well said.
Doug, when you can, check your e-mail,thanks.
I'm really sorry to hear that. I would like to tell a similar story, I hope you will find a bit of humor and no offense.
I was at a large company that has periodic brain-washing slogans. One that we all remember was "IBM = You + Success". What we all figured out, when the layoffs came, was that the slogan was equivalent to: "IBM - You Success".
Hope you find something that makes you happy.
-- David

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&itemY90683348&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&itemY90684238&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&itemY90684827&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
Doug! Say it ain't so!
Chuck W Sharc, NAR Section 613 www.flysharc.org
Sharc, the section where two out of three certification flights always work just fine!