the end of holverson designs

I was hoping that Holverson Designs would could back some day as part of Soar Buzzard. I just got word from the Buzzard Man that Soar Buzzard isn't going to happen. I've pretty much have pulled the plug on any HD come back aspirations.

Unless some Semroc-type company wants to pick these up, I'm going to give the plans and stuff to Jim Z or Rocket Shoppe. And maybe other unfinished business from the late '90s and early'00s.

A lot of the Mel Allen Sink "Phat Grrl" stuff had to do with feelings of going down alone over Fun Rockets.

I saw a stupid sign at Hobby Lobby that said "Sweat + Sacrifice = Success". I feel that my Holverson Designs/Fun Rockets and comic experience so badly betrays this.

I may even be out of Model Rocketry by next summer.

Until then, burning off more foam on eBay:

DGH

Reply to
doug holverson

That should have read, "Sweat + Sacrifice = Success, Sometimes."

Sorry things didn't work out for you. I've been close to quitting a few times myself in the past 11 years. Sometimes within a day or two...and a big order always seems to come in exactly when I need it. Or I go to NYPOWER and get my batteries recharged big time. Whatever, I'm not done yet. I'm not where I wanted to be 10 years ago, but I'm still here.

Whatever you end up doing, I wish you the best. At least you tried, which is more than 99% of people ever do.

Doug Pratt

pratthobbies

Well said.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Doug, when you can, check your e-mail,thanks.

Reply to
bob352

I'm really sorry to hear that. I would like to tell a similar story, I hope you will find a bit of humor and no offense.

I was at a large company that has periodic brain-washing slogans. One that we all remember was "IBM = You + Success". What we all figured out, when the layoffs came, was that the slogan was equivalent to: "IBM - You = Success".

Hope you find something that makes you happy.

David

Doug! Say it ain't so!

Chuck W Sharc, NAR Section 613

Sharc, the section where two out of three certification flights always work just fine!

Reply to
ChuckW