Naramlive.com

Sorry for no posts during the week I had no usenet access and forgot about google groups :-)

is all uptodate as of saturday morning end of naram

all pictures vids mp3's and semi final contests results are online

site size total this year is over 400mb :-) it keeps GROWING !!! :-)

I REALLY would love some help from any who attended of happen to know. CAPTIONS for the images. IE whos rocket etc.. etc..

I would like to POLISH the site a bit more than most years.

Hope you all enjoyed it !

the RUMOR mill churned and it seems naram may be in arizona nex year. touson or phoenix. no one really knows yet :-)

We also have Rumor that 50th naram will be back in cincinatti

Chris Taylor

google

Chris,

Thanks, again, for taking the time and effort on your live coverages.

You are good people.

BTW, do you have a diagram or other pictures of the Nothing rocket? Is it intended to glide back?

Reply to
Gary

as always Chris, kudos for an excellent job well done.

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

I'll see what I can do once I unpack and recover :-)

The rumor I heard was East coast, possibly a repeat of NARAM-35.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

See comments in

Bob Kaplow wrote: ...

Reply to
Will Marchant

also I made a mistake the rumor is naram 50 will be back at manasses the TARC field (great meadows)

Chris Taylor

google

ok 48 maay be in tucson or phoenix....

anybody down there want to put me up on the couch for a week? or i can bring a sleeping bag and cot and hang out in your basement... arizona houses do have basements don't they?

49 maybe ?

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Nope.

-- Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Just snake pits.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Why is it that houses in the south don't have basements?

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

ted: I live in Ky , in tornado alley and we have basements, to use as shelters.. you would think in hot climates like AZ that houses there would have basements too, as it would be cooler down there...

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

I asked, and was told that the ground is so hard, you can't dig, and would have to blast.

But that's OK, I've got an LEUP :-)

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Do you buy it by the drum? 8-)

Reply to
Phil Stein

Depends on where you are. KY and MO have basements. TX does not. It's largely a function of the soil. The red clay in KY is a good building material, and is quite compatible with concrete basements. The black gumbo clay in TX expands and contracts too much with the seasons and can crush a basement. TN has shifting soil, too. I think they have basements in the Georgia and the Carolinas, tho. Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

Hey Guys I made a revamp of naramlive. not this years but to use for next year. got a test version online check it out and let me know what you think of it etc..

next year is gonna be interesting. 2500 miles 42 hours driving which likely means about 3 days with sleep cycles (probably 4 days to get back home) ouch :-)

Chris Taylor

Nerys

I like the day of the week labels instead of the day 1-8. I wonder where that idea came from.

I hope you're wrong about the dates. That week tends to conflict with summer school. My wife probably wouldn't be able to make it. Neither would Tom Beach, and a few other regulars.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

If the dates go deeper into August, a whole different bunch of folks will have a problem. There's even a current NYTimes article on the subject:

James

--------------------------- James Duffy snipped-for-privacy@mac.com

jduffy

hope i am wrong ? those date are virtually identical the the last several narams ??? last few days of july first week of august ? same as pretty much all 8 narams i have been too ? this year is started july

30th next year 29th (standard calendar shift till leap year)

Bob I have been wanting to do that for some time. it just never dawned on me to have the folder names both numbers and letters :-) ie naming the day friday is hard because there are 2 fridays ??? I finally got around to it ie I had to restructure and redo the entire template system for the site. I was "in" the mood and found a good tool (buttongenerator.com) and your mentioning of it was enough to push me over the edge to finally just do it :-)

I made all my buttons by hand pixel by pixel :-) this button generator is part of what got me to do it reduced the work load quite a bit :-)

SO do you like it ? once I am done with it it will probably remain static for a few years so now or never :-)

Chris Taylor

Nerys

Nice job!

I especially liked the 5 engine Saturn V, really nice!

I think I've seen one of those before. ; )

Verna

<randyolb

The 5 days of competition usually fall in the first full week of August, unless they have to change the schedule for some reason. The weekend sport launch doesn't count, since it used to be jsut a 5 day event.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow