JONESY

To all concerned and those that are not:

Jeff Jones is a fraudulent seller. No doubt about it - no question in my mind whatsoever! I bought an ESTES Sentinel from him on 6/22 on ROL. He then contacted me on 7/13 and asked if I was interested in an Estes NCR Star Wars X-Wing for 60.00. I told him that I was a little concerned that I had not received the first kit. He told me that his daughter had just graduated from High School and that things had been hectic - bottom line, he forgot. Liking to give people the benefit of the doubt, because I have a daughter and am busy too, I bought it. He assured me that he would send out both kits ASAP, with free shipping. I was talking with Uncle Mike and we were BS'ng

- he mentioned this "upnorthguy" or "jonesy" that ripped him off on ROL. We compared notes and sure enough this guy is screwing over a lot of us. Jim Parker is right, check the ROL feedback - he has the worst I have ever seen. I also had never seen someone have to take out an auction just to identify and challenge this guy. He won't respond to us. Lots of people are really pissed. I guess like me, they work for their money - go figure.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHY SOME OF YOU WOULD DOUBT JIM PARKER, UNCLE MIKE OR MYSELF.

We are not liars, the post here was to prevent the same thing from happening to you guys. Its called common courtesy - its also common courtesy to thank someone or at least feign appreciation when someone potentially saves you some trouble.

I would be happy to provide anyone with Jones emails (dating back to late June), the police report and the copy of my mail fraud complaint I have submitted. For those "doubters" out there who think we were "supposedly" ripped-off, how long would you wait? I think I have been extremely patient with this freak and now its time to play hardball. I don't think any of us are looking for sympathy, just a friendly warning for you all and we also want to maintain contact with any other victims in this case. SO, to anyone who is dumb enough to buy from this guy - you deserve what you'll get - nothing!

Thank you, Tony Lockard

71lockard
Reply to
<lockard

I think what happened is that many of the servers didn't get one of the posts in the thread, in particular, one that Jim responded to. As a result, it made his post look unfriendly because most readers reconstructed the thread without the missing post making Jim's post appear to be in reply to the wrong one.

FWIW. YMMV.

Doug Thinking jonesy screwed up when he messed around with Jim :)

Reply to
Doug Sams

BS'ng - he mentioned this "upnorthguy" or "jonesy" that ripped him off on ROL.

My friends and I have been in contact with Mr. Jonesy...

He agreed to sell all three guys some of the same rocket kits....

But, he really went into lock up mode and stopped answering emails when they requested that I pay for and pick up the rockets at his home, since I live an hour away from him.

Why do you think this is??? ;)

hehehehe......

Jonesy! Please reply to the emails! I can be there on Sunday afternoon, if that works better for you! Please let me know!

Todd :)

Reply to
tamoore

Tony, will you please send me an email at rekrapmij at yahoo period com so that I can get your complete email address? I'm putting together a list of all the names and email addresses of the people who were defrauded. All I have for you is " snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net," and I need to fill in the ... part.

I'm completing my filings with the authorities, and I would like to be able to give them a complete list. That may change us from individuals who are in the pile of all other individuals who were cheated by someone to a larger group that deserves more attention. ROL canceled my informercial auction trying to warn people and threatened to cancel my auction ID, so I'm having to ask here.

Jim Parker

Reply to
rekrapmij

Reply to
Alex Mericas

Not just the rocketry community. He's been doing this for years over on rec.models.scale

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

I've filed with the Michigan Attorney General, Federal Trade Commission, United States Postal Service, and Internet Fraud Complaint Center (partnership of the FBI and the National While Collar Crime Center). The latter had a very long, very detailed form and asked for all known witnesses and victims. I gave the FBI the names and email addresses of all the victims who have contacted me. With all the information we have, and all the details the FBI wanted, my bet is on the guys in the suits to go visit Jonesy. I know he'll regret that day, but it appears, sadly, that some others in the rocketry community will, too.

Reply to
rekrapmij

Read the Model Rocket Kits For Sale thread, and you'll see one guy claiming there's nothing bad about Jonesy on rec.models.scale. I was surprised to find that there are people willing to carry water for Jonesy. I looked at him on Ebay, and he's still around and selling. He started three new auctions on 8/4. He seems to follow through on his Ebay auctions. I can't figure out why he's a good boy on Ebay with has military models and screws people with spam and theft in the rocketry arena. I guess I'm no good at understanding the criminal mind.

Reply to
rekrapmij

I looked, but can't see a post such as you describe. In any case, I used to subscribe to r.m.s, I've read about jonesy there for myself. The tales of woe are available via google.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

Better yet, invite him to MIS this saturday...

Eldred

Reply to
Eldred Pickett