Jonesy fraud

I wanted to post this warning about a guy who has defrauded a bunch of model rocketeers (me included) because I've heard that he does business on this group, too. Jeff Jones of Traverse City, Michigan posted a bunch of rocket kits for sale on Rocketry Online (ROL), took people's money, and didn't send anything. After his fraud was discovered, he got kicked off of ROL auctions, but he tried to sell them directly on rmr, including kits he had already sold to someone else. One rocketeer lives close to him and offered to come pick up stuff. Jones cut off all communications when this was done.

The victims have filed complaints with the Michigan Attorney General, the FBI, the USPS, and the FTC, among others. They're investigating. I don't know what his tricks are on rms, but watch out! Don't be victimized like several of us were. Here is more information on him so that you can be on guard:

Jeff or Jeffrey Jones

1760 Sawyer Road Traverse City, Michigan 49684 (231) 943-8648

DOB: January 8, 1957

ROL ID and email address Upnorthguy snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Ebay ID and email address jcjones snipped-for-privacy@coslink.net

Posted by Jim Parker, victim of Jonesy fraud. Email address rekrapmij at yahoo period com.

Reply to
rekrapmij

AAaaahhh, Jonesy! Yes. it has been a while, but he is known on rec.models.scale! Thanks for the reminder of this scumbags miserable existence. We stand fore warned that he is at it again.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Reply to
eyeball

Jonesy just changed his Ebay ID from jcjones to dalmatianplantation01. Watch out for this new alias.

Jim Parker rekrapmij at yahoo period com

Reply to
rekrapmij

i know a legbreaker in jersey....he in't cheap but he is good.

This guy had a "go-round" or two on RMS as well a couple years ago if I remember. I never bought anything from him so can't say from personal knowledge but I seem to remember several popping up here indicating "issues" with him.

Reply to
Bill Woodier

I wonder if he's scamming some Disney folks. The 101 Dalmations address may be worth looking into.

I'll contact a couple of people there that I know and warn them.

Thanks,

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

"William H. Shuey" wrote in news:4300BD56.F62A3060 @starpower.net:

Wow. Bringing that guy back is sure gonna stir up some ire. I predict this thread will get huge without him even making a post to RMS. Now, watch the flames begin! ;)

TF

Reply to
TForward

Bill

Just imagine how upset some would be if he posted his phoney list one---by---one.

:-)

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

I don't think anyone ever really bought anything from the guy. They just sent him money, thinking they were buying things. He used to post a rather lengthy list of things for sale that week in, week out were the same things. Talk about FS posts getting on the nerves! IIRC, he threatened just about all of us regulars with lawsuits because we wrote about him. One did not have to say anything defamatory to get the threat. I hope the authorities finally do something positive about this guy.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

LOL!

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

in article wy6Me.16263$ snipped-for-privacy@fe08.news.easynews.com, e at snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote on 15/8/05 8:03 pm:

I will do it for free, providing you get me a ticket from this side of the Pond .

Rory Manton

Oh gods, why me?

Reply to
Rory Manton

I'm sure I've been had by this guy. Way back when I first got online (1999!) I found a webpage with a list of kits being given away, all I had to pay was postage. As he had an F-19 kit I wanted I tried for it. $10, 6 weeks and no kit later I realised it wasn't coming. I am 99% sure Jones was the name.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Pedley

That's a new variation of the scams this guy has been accused of. I'll have to remember that one in case he ever trys it again.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

perhaps instead of a useless flame-a-thon, people will smarten up and tell his isp, and warn his customers. you know, like do something goof? the coin collecting groups do this and get many scumbags naru's from ebay and other places. we can do it.

sorry lad, but for that much vig, i'll do it myself. and buy models with the cash.

perhaps if we each mailed him a nice box of dogshit, he might buy a clue.