Beware Jeff or Jeffrey Jones ROL thief

This person is in the process of stealing from people on ROL auctions. Don't let it happen to you!

Jeff or Jeffrey Jones

1760 Sawyer Road Traverse City, Michigan 49684 (231) 943-8648

DOB: January 8, 1957

ROL ID and email address Upnorthguy snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Ebay ID and email address jcjones snipped-for-privacy@coslink.net

Also check rec.models.scale where there's lots of bad stuff about him under "Jonesy." Apparently he has used lots of aliases and email addresses.

Reply to
rekrapmij

well, since you have the address, why not plan a visit to him? Preferably with your big, unshaven, biker freinds

Reply to
tater schuld

A long bike ride from Texas, but we would certainly be hairier by then. Any rocketeers in North Michigan want to go pound on his door? He's posted an auction on ROL saying the post office must have lost them. I guess they lost them in his mailbox so he could sell them again on rmr.

Jim Parker

Reply to
rekrapmij

It is possible that he could have multiple kits (playing devil's advocate)

If he sent it via USPS, there should be a recepit for it somewhere that should allow the USPS to track it down. If it was USP or FedEx, same thing. If he is unwilling to track it down.....Texas Justice sounds like a valid option.

If you sent the money via USPS, turn him into the postal inspector for mail fraud. There aren't too many people out there with more power than postal inspectors (they make BAFTE look like kids in a sandbox) and mail fruad comes with some serious fines/jail time.

Offtopic, ever notice that the BATFE is only doing half their job? They don't do anything with A or T. They should all be fired :)

-Aaron

Reply to
Aaron

I filed a complaint with USPS. He has me for 88.00. I contacted the Traverse City, MI police - they told me to initiate that process with my local police to start an interstate fraud case. Looks like that is my plan of attack. His comment that nobody paid for insurance and that he is not responsible for any lost items - well, that just about says it all right there. He does not have the kits. As soon as everyone started calling him out on ROL - he came over here to sell - go figure...

Tony

Reply to
<lockard

Reply to
Chad L. Ellis

More information on how to make Jonesy a star of Cops on TV

Michigan Attorney General High Tech Crime Unit

Go to

and fill out a Computer/Internet Crime Complaint Form. Be sure to mail in the backup documents with a copy of your form and Web File Number, or your complaint will be incomplete. You get your Web File Number automatically when you Submit the completed Computer/Internet Crime Complaint Form.

Traverse City Police Department

Before the detectives will go out to Jonesy's house they need to have referrals from your local police department. Call your local police (or county attorney or district attorney or whatever) and make a complaint. Tell them the bad guy's local police department is the Traverse City Police Department, 851 Woodmere Avenue, Traverse City, Michigan, 49684, 231-995-5150.

Federal Trade Commission

Go to

$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01 and fill out a FTC Consumer Complaint Form.

United States Postal Service

Go to

fill out a U.S. Postal Inspection Service Mail Fraud Complaint Form. This one may be particularly helpful because Jonesy is saying the post office lost all our kits.

Federal Bureau of Investigation

The Internet Fraud Complaint Center is a partnership of the FBI and the National While Collar Crime Center. Go to

and fill out an IFCC Complaint Referral Report.

Final thoughts.

Some agencies say they don't resolve individual complaints, but if we all fill out these forms, they won't be individual complaints. We also have the benefit of very specific information about who Jonesy is, where he lives, how old he is, and where he banks (from the backs of your canceled checks). If you make it that easy for law enforcement to put their hands on him, it's more likely they'll go get him. Please don't let this slide. Here, again, is as much as I've been able to find out about him.