The best use of CNC ever????

This guy could have found the Holy Grail of turning.

or not.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

Randy:

That was great! I wonder if he modeled it first in Siemens Synchronous Technology.

Reply to
BottleBob

Little bait there BOB?

Notice the note?

"Made a little program to sharpen my pencil at work when the boss was gone."

Reply to
brewertr

Tom:

No, not really. I don't have time for any extended debates - getting ready to move in a week. It was just what I thought might be a humorous comment. I could just as easily have said: ...modeled it first in Solidworks.

Reply to
BottleBob

Loses it's humor content though.

You're taking for ever to move, park the vet and rent a truck w/ tailgate! Or:

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Tom:

They moved escrow back from Feb 4th to Feb 17th.

*I'M* not lifting anything - the average price for 2 guys and a truck runs $65 an hour. Can't beat that with a stick. Just putting stuff in boxes takes forever and a day. I've already filled 2 1/2 dumpsters with stuff I threw away.

Now there's an idea, I wonder just how much weight my fiberglass top could carry. LOL

Reply to
BottleBob

A lot. I had the material for the fixture that the part you saw me cutting on my '85. I didn't see any Kenedy boxes on the SAAB in the picture though. LOL

Hey Bob, have you done any 'boarding on what fell last week?

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

LOL.... That reminds me of some folks I helped move out of the apartment complex I lived in back in the 70's. These guys looked like they crawled out of the back woods of somewhere long removed from the modern world. I had a 3/4T Chevy, and they asked if I would drive their stuff to their new apartment. Offered me $20 for a 5 mile drive and I didn't have to help with loading and unloading. SURE! I said, backed up to the stairs and said come get me when you're done. Hour later they get me. I walk out, and SHIT, my truck looks like something out of Grapes of Wrath! I mean shit is hanging 2' off either side and beyond the tailgate and piled a good 3' above the cab! Stuff is barely secured in place with rope, twine, and electrical cord. Needless to say, we had to drive down the El Camino, one of the busiest routes. They tell me to pull in at a motel. Motel? I thought you guys had a new apartment? Where you going to put all your stuff? "Oh, just pull up next to the dumpster, we'll unload and store our stuff there". Well, I decided helping unload was suddenly not such a bad idea, I wanted that crap off my truck before the poor manager of that motel realized what was going on and ordered the crap back onto my truck. Finally tossed the last bit off, collected my $20, and got the hell out of there!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

J:

You mean this thing:

I knew nothing about it until you mentioned it.

Reply to
BottleBob

a little less than this one I suppose.

Reply to
brewertr

Tom:

Yikes! Other than a license plate askew, there doesn't seem to be a lot of damage to the truck. I hope the guy ducked.

Reply to
BottleBob

Splatter just below the trailer rear door handle.......doubtful, but stranger things have happened.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Pretty gruesome pic--note blood splatter from where the driver's head exploded on impacting the rear of the truck trailer just slightly left of center.

Reply to
Bipolar Bear

Like throwing a melon......

Reply to
Gunner Asch

BPB:

Yeah, Tom mentioned that. It appears a little high though. Plus if the head hit that high the chest probably would have hit as well. I would think all of that should have created more "juice". Maybe the "splat" you see is just a hand exploding from hydroshock. You know how people tend to automatically throw up their hands to protect their heads in accidents.

I wonder if this might be one of those freak cases where the airbag & seatbelt CAUSED a death rather than prevented it. Without an airbag, upon impact the person "might" have slumped low over the steering wheel or slid down lower in the seat if not wearing a seatbelt. But with an airbag deploying - it would pin a person upright in the seat and give him a flat top (well actually, a flat top all the way down to the neck).

From another angle:

BottleBob

I didn't know you'd moved as far as Brazil. How was the drive? LOL

What I meant was this:

There was film Tuesday morning of pea sized hail in Saugus.

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

This thread took a sharp turn.....

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

Bob, don't think he got his hands up......you can actually see his left arm just to the left of the truck's license plate!

Reply to
Joe788

John:

Ahhh the miracle of modern communication, eh?

I went out near noon time, there was no indication of it by that time. Hardly a cloud in the sky, snow on low mountains around the area though.

Reply to
BottleBob

Randy:

Ya know, I was thinking something similar. This thread devolved into terminal thread drift about as quick as one of Cliff's "crossposted all over Usenet" responses. LOL

Reply to
BottleBob