CAT80 Taper?

Had a call for this type of taper adapter this AM. Will probably just make a shank to go in their collet system... But I am curious what the heck a CAT80 taper is... Any technical info out there on the web (tried a quick Googling already) or knowledgeable folks here?

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Site:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Randy,

Haven't heard back from the customer yet (only quoting at this point from what I see) so I'm not sure if they misread something, etc.

I've only seen and worked personally with CAT40, but understand there are

50's and I think 30's out there... Would love to know what the entire line of CATxx tapers actually are.

I was surprised to learn about a year and a half ago that there is an ER50 collet system... Who knew?!? There are all kinds of cool and interesting things that I guess are developed for specialty applications and thus are not very common. Sorta like the 2.000" capacity key-type chucks I received photos of from a Mexican customer last year.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Site:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

CAT60 does exist. Saw some being made for Pratt & Whitney in the 90's

Mark

Reply to
marcus

Joe, What happened? Does a CAT80 really exsist or did they miss read a CAT60 as a CAT80?

I've never seen a shank bigger than 50.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

Joe:

Here is a site giving some common machine tapers.

BottleBob

*VERY* useful. Thank you.
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill