CAT80 Taper?

Had a call for this type of taper adapter this AM. Will probably just make a shank to go in their collet system... But I am curious what the heck a
CAT80 taper is... Any technical info out there on the web (tried a quick Googling already) or knowledgeable folks here?
Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills: http://www.AutoDrill.com Multiple Spindle Drills: http://www.Multi-Drill.com Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
V8013-R
On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 08:43:02 -0400, "Joe AutoDrill"

Joe, What happened? Does a CAT80 really exsist or did they miss read a CAT60 as a CAT80?
I've never seen a shank bigger than 50.
Thank You, Randy
Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Randy,
Haven't heard back from the customer yet (only quoting at this point from what I see) so I'm not sure if they misread something, etc.
I've only seen and worked personally with CAT40, but understand there are 50's and I think 30's out there... Would love to know what the entire line of CATxx tapers actually are.
I was surprised to learn about a year and a half ago that there is an ER50 collet system... Who knew?!? There are all kinds of cool and interesting things that I guess are developed for specialty applications and thus are not very common. Sorta like the 2.000" capacity key-type chucks I received photos of from a Mexican customer last year.
Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills: http://www.AutoDrill.com Multiple Spindle Drills: http://www.Multi-Drill.com Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
V8013-R

CAT60 does exist. Saw some being made for Pratt & Whitney in the 90's
Mark
Joe AutoDrill wrote:

Joe:
    Here is a site giving some common machine tapers.
http://www.tools-n-gizmos.com/specs/Tapers.html
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob