The best use of CNC ever????

Joe:

You think that's an arm? It DOES have the look of it, but I'm color blind and can't really tell the comparative difference between an arm and seat stuffing. You'd think they would have removed an arm at the same time they took the body. If an arm, it would have been the left one, the right one could have been raised. Funny, I don't notice massive blood on what appears to be the steering wheel airbag. I would think that with a decapitation and various limbs exiting stage left, that body juice would be spraying everywhere. I had an airbag deploy and I had automatically put up my right arm to protect my face - and the airbag deployed so explosively that it drove the back of my hand right into my face - it was like getting punched out by Mike Tyson.

Reply to
BottleBob

What thread drift?

Reply to
brewertr

Definately a hand but looks like much of the arm maybe covered with a tan colored shirt sleeve.

This type accident often occurs at night where the trailer has been parked without lights.

Too late for an airbag IMO unlike in most cases where only the front end of the vehicle makes impact, here the windshield (and his head ) was probly done in prior to accelerometer momentum being sufficient to trigger the bag.

Reply to
Bipolar Bear

Most trailers I see have some metalwork that hangs down pretty low, usually narrower than the inside distance between the wheels. Seems to me these things are generally only about 2' off the ground.

I'd say that appendage, whatever it's called, made it through the car, carrying the upper portion of the driver back into the back seat or trunk. Maybe it got bent a bit going over the engine block, but it definitely went right through that fiberglass body. Sorta like a wire cheese cutter....

At least it was quick....

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

It snowed in here in Taft, Monday.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Jon:

I believe it's called an ICC bar. This is all speculation, but my first thought was as soon as the front of the Vette hit the ICC bar that it would set off the airbag. I'm not sure the bar would survive long from this sort of an impact. As soon as the car hit it, it seems like one of two things might possibly happen, either it would "cheese grater" the fiberglass (like you said) until it reached the engine and then sheer off, or actually catch on some part of the engine and LIFT the front of the car while bending. Now if it did lift the front of the car it "might" have lifted the driver high enough to hit at the spot marked. I'm not sure we have enough facts to do an accurate postmortem of the accident.

I wonder if the front wheel bearings suffered any impact damage sufficient to brinell them. LOL

Reply to
BottleBob

The bar is still there, above and a little forward of the rear edge of the tire. I was thinking the "arm" looking thing might be the seat back.

Reply to
Alphonso

Alphonso: Now that you mention it, I DO see what appears to be the "bar" bent upward at an extreme angle. The stub of the bent bar seems to have missed the steering wheel/airbag but appears to have torn though the inside of the door.

Reply to
BottleBob