action: clean house

Maybe he is ignoring any substantive request for information and you are posting off-topic trolls.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Then if you believe that why are you not agressively opposed to TRA policy?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

17 switches
Reply to
Kurt Kesler

Mark,

When you say there isn't any dissatisfaction, it's because you are not listening, not because people are not voicing it.

You'll say to email you with complaints but then other times you will say that you didn't get an email or not to expect a response because you get too many emails. (BTW, that's what you have said at the last 2 townhall meetings at NARAM.)

You imply that you are an expert on running non-profit organization but you fail to follow the NAR by-laws.

Others have suggested that the reason that there are no candidates other than the slate proposed by the NAR leadership demonstrates satisfaction. Actually, it just means that the leadership does not allow anyone but their friends to gain enough experience participating in NAR activities to qualify them as candidates.

NAR leadership is very lucky that there's a TRA. NAR always looks so much better in comparison. But how would it fare if there wasn't such an obviously bad alternative?

Craig

Craig R. Saunders, crs at MaxThrust.net,

News and Information for model rockets and high-power rocketry

Reply to
Craig R. Saunders

Sniped Bunny's email addresses

I think posting his email address for the spambots to get is uncalled for. I think that's about the lowest thing I've seen in this news group. I'm about ready to leave this place for good. This place is getting out of hand.

-- Drake "Doc" Damerau

NEPRA President NAR Section 614 NAR 79986 L3
Remove "My Shorts" to reply

Reply to
Doc

Why should you be surprised? It fits the character. Same league as answering a question by attacking the person asking the question or deflecting the question by asking another question. Look! Over there! did you see that?!?

Mark is a true leader. The only one who is man enough to personally post in this forum.

Reply to
Alex Mericas

Mark is a true manager, rather than a true leader, as exemplified by his adopted membership driven manager/leadership stlye. But I agree with your point.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

Sensational points.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Ismaeel, This is really a low blow, and an exhibition of childish behavior on your part. You've earlier expounded to the fact that you have credentials of various types and tried to come across as "a leader" of sorts, urging us to follow your lead and examine the failures of TRA and embrace the philosophy of ASRA. I've been following these 'action' threads with curiosity. While I don't whole heartedly agree with the sum total of either side (there's only two sides to all of the action threads) I have gleaned two things.

  1. You have sidestepped the direct questions about how ARSA functions. And it's really strange because you have proclaimed yourself to be their "communications facilitator". Oh sure, you've alluded to how it works, but WE REALLY WANT TO KNOW, AND YOU'RE NOT COMING OUT AND HONESTLY TELLING US! How in the world can the communications facilitator of a group be so slippery as to the workings of the organization, and expect any credibility at all?!

  1. As you've been pinned down by some of the other's here, your debating skills begin to lack and you crawfish around, scooting away from the real gist of the argument, or just quit and call the poster names. Very immature.

But this posting of Mark's addy for no good reason at all takes the cake for me. I won't debate with you, EVER. You're up to no good; I don't trust you at all. If Mr. Wickman has any sense at all, and is on the up and up, he'll distance himself from you soon.

Steve

PS I just re-read what you wrote to Mark. You really come across in a condescending way with smart aleky overtones. Is this what we can expect from the rest of the bunch at ASRA? No thanks, I'll stick with the status quo for now.

Reply to
steve

first I'd like to note that all of John's efforts and accomplishments have been inclusive of all rocketeers regardless of organizational affiliation. Getting everyone information about what was happening and giving them information about how they can participate did not require there membership in anything.

here are some examples

- JW was personally involved in the content and wordcraft of S.724 content, as introduced

- he recognized the need, and initiated the call, for virtually every letter / fax / phone call campaign to Senators and Representatives. TRA/NAR announcements to members trailed John's initiatives

- he maintained and continues to maintain the congress and arsanews webpages,

which many rocketeers rely on for timely information, including links to Senator Enzi's press releases, speech texts and sound clips. Important announcements to these sites were propagated to over 20 rocketry forums and mailing lists, so that all rocketeers would remain informed.

- he acted in an advisory capacity to ARSA volunteers creating and maintaining a website designed to facilitate media coverage of the rocketry regulation crises,

as well as to facilitate rocketeers access to national and local news articles and TV coverage. It featured a 'whats new' subscription for anyone wanting to be kept abrest of content changes, as well as a 'submission' page for any rocketeer to contribute. The BATFE themselves were astonished at how organized the effort was, remarking that "we must have someone helping us".

- he personally responded substantively to DOJ/BATFE misinformation intended to derail S.724 (as introduced) in the Senate Judiciary Committee, and justify substitution with the Hatch-Kohl version.

all of these were visible, and acknowledgements, email and posts of appreciation came from rocketeers nationwide

- iz

David We> RayDunak>

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

I admit, you saw me on a bad day

I'm not all that bad once you get to know me

- iz

steve wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

David Weinshenker wrote (re: John Wickman):

These are very laudable actions, and I have nothing but praise for Mr. Wickman in this regard. His technical expertise and professional standing undoubtly are of great value in presenting the truth about rocketry and discrediting the falsehoods propagated by ATF.

However, what has been _accomplished_ by the legislative effort? Not only has it failed to reduce regulation, it has allowed politicians with an anti-rocketry agenda to twist it to their purposes, first butchering the bill in such a way that if passed, would have resulted in far greater restrictions than we face now, and ultimately stalling it so as to prevent further progress. In addition, the existence of this bill may have affected or delayed the outcome of the court case.

I have no intention of kicking the man when he's down. I'm sure that his heart was in the right place, and he put up a good fight. But however well-intentioned, it is clear now that: (a) it was a mistake to procede with this while the lawsuit was still awaiting the judge's decision; (b) it was a mistake to try to push this through at such a politically inopportune time; (c) it has not only failed but nearly produced disastrous results; (d) all of this was predicted by those whom Mr. Wickman refused to cooperate with whom he is now attempting to blame.

Reply to
RayDunakin

I respectfully disagree

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

good observation

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

I agree with Ray. Mr Wickman can play a very important role in our effort. He has the background, resources, and intellect to be the industry expert. He is our Ace in the Hole regarding the scientific (facts) and commercial aspects of rocketry. We should leverage him in this role. Yes that means all of us, NAR and TRA included.

Unfortunately, because of his background, resources, and > David Weinshenker wrote (re: John Wickman):

Reply to
Alex Mericas

AND more often than not said DON'T call and write.

TRA does not do that.

NAR does not do that.

IEAS does not do that.

Which other people did most of the work on.

Well before NAR.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It was sabotaged by an unaligned effort by NAR. A bull in a china shop if you will.

It might have failed anyway, but we will never know because the original strategy of the SENATOR (I said senator, NOT wickman), was sabotaged by NAR making inappropriate and untimely efforts "last second", after being asked not to.

The result of NAR's input is there is a 0.9lb proposal (something wickman or enzi never uttered, but NAR did) on several tables and thus a "likely candidate for law". Remember we are talking USC here not CFR, so whatever passes TRUMPS the current total exemption we enjoy and NAR and TRA ignore.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Right! The "Honorable" Senators from the N.E. would have gladly accepted a no limit bill. It is that 0.9lb stuff that upsets them.

The > It might have failed anyway, but we will never know because the original

Reply to
Alex Mericas

You just expressed an OPINION I find to be inaccurate. You have no basis for the claim. It is a purely emotional response.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Reply to