[CONTEST] NAR Points as of July 12

The latest NAR points have been posted at:

NOTE: This is *not* the final pre-NARAM point list,
as some meet results are still pending.
(Also note that the the
NAR Top Ten
Competitors List has been discontinued.)
Jeff Vincent -
Northeast Regional Contest Board site
Also visit -

Jeff Vincent
Most likely (there are still some results from the midwest, southwest, and west incoming). I'd suggest waiting for the final list (expected within the next few days). If they aren't there then, contact your meet CD(s) and/or National CB Chairman Tom Lyon.
Jeff Vincent -
Northeast Regional Contest Board site Also visit -

Jeff Vincent
Unfortunately, due to severe scheduling conflicts, Team Dave & Dave won't be able to make it to make a run for its first NARAM team championship. Looks like it'll be a shootout between the Launch Crue and AARG teams...
Oh well, as we say around here in Colorado, "Blame Dave" ;-)
Dave (the other one)
> The latest NAR points have been posted at: >
> NOTE: This is *not* the final pre-NARAM point list, > as some meet results are still pending. > > (Also note that the the
NAR Top Ten > Competitors List has been discontinued.) > > Jeff Vincent -
NAR Northeast Regional Contest Board site > Also visit -

Dave
Well, bummer. I suppose when we beat Lila & Co. they'll give us one of those Maris-like asterisks on the former champions listing.
Sorry you can't make it, James (1/3 of Shovel Recovery)
We're REALLY hopiing that the CD gets distracted from competing at this NARAM.
Reply to
James Duffy
Well, don't necessarily count on it.
When I ran my first NARAM (NARAM-28), NIRA was in a fight for the section title. All the major NIRA members had key contest management roles in addition to having to get ready to fly. We also were coming in behind NOVAAR's point total. Not a particularly promising situation for a club striving to defend its section title.
We managed to not only run the contest successfully, we took the pennant.
It was one of the best highlight moments in my competition career.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Mark B. Bundick mbundick - at - earthlink - dot - net NAR President
Mark B. Bundick
I remember that. I also remember the lady lawyer at NARAM-19 who was going around interviewing people about the contest and threatening to sue me. She was upset that her son was fourth in Scale static judging. The three people ahead of her were all NOVAAR members, and the judges were all NOVAAR members. She smelled a conspiracy. Harry Stine told her where to put her lawsuit...I didn't have the guts.
You got you pennant and nobody sued. Quite an accomplishment!
I still feel uncomfortable with this year's NARAM selection...what a mean thing to do to that nice lady! Y'all be extra polite to her, y'hear?
Doug Pratt

Doug Pratt
I wonder how many times other than that it has happened for Section title? Rocket City Aces might have done it in the late 80's, I don't recall. I know of only two times the NARAM CD also won an individual national championship at the same time.... Matt Steele's team at NARAM-30 and me at NARAM-38. I think Matt's team was Zunofark at the time with George and maybe Chas?
chad
Reply to
chad
Was that the FIRST pink book lawyer by chance ?
/ArtU
Reply to
art upton
We managed to not only run the contest successfully, we took the pennant.
I wonder how many times other than that it has happened for Section title? Rocket City Aces might have done it in the late 80's, I don't recall. I know of only two times the NARAM CD also won an individual national championship at the same time.... Matt Steele's team at NARAM-30 and me at NARAM-38. I think Matt's team was Zunofark at the time with George and maybe Chas?
Reply to
GCGassaway
38 2' 43 N 87 25' 59W thats the field shockie B)
> And on the subject of NARAM, any one got GPS coordinates for either the > NARAM hotel, or the field? Mapsonus can't even translate the hotel address. > The field coordinates should be on the waiver application. > > Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L TRA # "Impeach the TRA BoD" > >>> To reply, remove the TRABoD! > Save Model Rocketry from the HSA!
shockwaveriderz
Nah...Pink Book lawyering goes back *way* farther than that. It was already highly developed at my first NARAM, NARAM-15 in Columbus, Ohio.
MJ Official Old Fart Rocketeer
Reply to
Mark Johnson
The first Pink Book lawyer was the second person to read it - and disagree with the first!
Dale Greene
Reply to
Dale Greene
I remember reading about that. It must have been about 1970-3.
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
Kewl story Bob. and that launcher NEVER should have been outlawed. Lets outlaw all the things that are able to make the hobby better, he he. A 150 foot misfire sounds like a good engineering job to me. competition is supposed to create new things like that launcher.
Yes I was hearing the term at my first contest in 1973 as well.
BUT was she the first Pink book lawyer. I.E. She had passed the BAR exam, he he.
art upton
I agree in principle, but then in pracice I wish piston launchers would be outlawed.
But the way I heard the story, the catapult launcher and its missfire occured first and led to the pink book rule.
Alan
Reply to
Alan Jones