what about NARCON?

anyone have any ideas?

Reply to
tater schuld

Ideas for what?

It's certainly close enough to me that I plan on being there. As a matter of fact, I've got to get working on a presentation for NARCON.

I suppose an RMR get together is required as well.

Bob Kaplow

BTW, I've been asked to do one by the hosts, but if there's anything someone would particularly like to hear me do, please email suggested topics. I was also wondering if I should bring some of my old catalogs, motors, and other collectables. I think I did that for the first Champaign NARCON, but lots of folks have come and gone since then.

Bob Kaplow

Electronic staging on high drag vehicles, with physical demonstration(s).

A digital tour of the Kaplow Collection (Phase I).

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Hey Bob, i'll be there too. Am looking into a presentation myself. Be sure to stop by the booth!

jim

Bob Kaplow wrote:

Reply to
jflis (FlisKits)

I've got lot's of idea. What are you willing to pay? ;)

Doug (aka Cheetah)

Reply to
Rocketweb

well whatever you do, don't forget to bring the stuff you want to give me! :)

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

I REALLY have to work on that sometime.

First I have to clean up the basement for next weeks NIRA building session. Then clean up the data center. Then upgrade several computer systems. Then get a decent digital camera. Then photograph it all. Then burn it to a CD for Jerry to put on his website :-)

Bob Kaplow

Great to hear that someone will travel that far to come! If you're in the area long enough, you're entitled to a private tour of "Bob's Hobby Shop".

Bob Kaplow

It's all packaged up in a box. Does this mean you're coming to NARCON?

Bob Kaplow

Sounds like a plan. Images and videos.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Bob -

Does Texas count as 'far;' to come? I'm doing my best to make it up from Dallas. I'm interested in an 'old farts' get together, an rmr get together and anyone bringing collectables or 'really old rocket stuff'.

Buzz McDermott Dallas, Texas

Buzz McDermott

well i hope you get it online before I die..... shockie B)

shockwaveriderz

you need some remote sensing, remote control 3D imaging sent via live videostream from your house through Jerry's website where we can get the multicasted content and control the camera and the manipulating arms in real time via a V/R headpiece

or something along those lines

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

March 12th-14th in Kenosha, WI ? can't do that d0od, sorry. :( I'm hailing from NYC, and that's a trek. I already have LDRS 23 budgeted (which is alot closer) and I can't do two trips

you can ship me the box though :)

just something for the kids

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

I think they call all that "instant messaging"...... with msn messenger(or aol aim,yahoo msgr,etc) I can audio/video conference in real time with anybody else that has the same..... if Bob had broadband(cable or dsl) he could hook up a web cam....and show his stuff online in realtime.....people would watch through windows media player...... but then i'm not sure Bob does any windows computing.....does linux support usb webcams?

broadband works best of course

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

ooohhhhhh, i may just have to arrange that!!!

Bob Kaplow wrote:

Reply to
jflis (FlisKits)

Well, since this discussion has started, I'm contemplating bringing the following:

My Sprint '73 (built in 1973, flown 402 times (flight 401 by Vern Estes at NARAM 45)

My copy of the first estes catalog (61 i beleive) with cert of authenticity from Vern Estes)

Some of my old Model Rocketeer collection and a few other odds and ends (like those czech motors and such)

jim

Buzz McDermott wrote:

Reply to
jflis (FlisKits)

Yep, I plan on going. I just hope you are bringing your truck so I have a place to put all the rockets I plan on bringing.

Reply to
zak orion

I guess I consider anything that takes a full days drive or more to be "far". I'm probably a 90 minute drive from NARCON. Most likely I'll stay wherever the official lodging is, but for any one travelling through Chicago, I'd be willing to provide a tour of "Bob's Hobby Shop" either before or after NARCON...

Bob Kaplow