Hobby Lobby sale this week

Hobby Lobby has rockets half price again this week.
Which reminds me I missed their plastic model sale a couple weeks ago...
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L TRA # "Impeach the TRA BoD"
>>> To reply, remove the TRABoD!
Reply to
Bob Kaplow
To Hell with Hobby Lobby. Support the vendors who really help drive this hobby. Places like Hobby Lobby and Wal-Mart don't give a rat's a$$ about whether this hobby survives or not and when all the good vendors are gone do you think you're going to walk in to HL or W-M and pick up that Dr. Rocket hardware or that H motor?
Bill Carrick
Reply to
Bill C1075
As I have said before despite a cacophony of objection. Pay retail on purpose. Support your favorite vendor, your closest vendor, your highest service vendor.
Do not buy on price alone.
Jerry the heretic
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
Thanks for the reminder Bob! Verna saw your post and went there on her lunch break. She picked up the last Saturn V they had for $44.50! That brings our total of unopened kits to 5.
You have to love a wife who believes that you can't be too thin, too rich or ever have too many Saturn V's.
Randy
Reply to
Randy
Baretta: You like that word cacophony? ; )
I DO agree but 50% off, IS hard to pass up.
Randy
Reply to
Randy
I said alone.
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
I do not buy on price alone. I buy from Hobby Lobby, and Wal Mart because they are the ONLY local place I have to purchase rocketry items without having to drive 3 to 4 hours. For any thing bigger than Questes stuff, I mail order, or buy from the few vendors at launches I've attended. I, for one, am thankful for HL, and WM carrying rockets. If they didn't, I wouldn't have resparked an interest in the hobby, along with many others, I'm sure. Yes, I take advantage of the sales, one would be a fool not to. Magnum regularly runs sales on AT motors, and other mid and high power items. Do people not buy sales items from them? I think they do. David
Reply to
Dlogan
Good answer. Buy local.
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
only FIVE!?!
Reply to
tater schuld
Alright already! So I'm weak and had to build 3. I'm a rock-oholic! OK?
Randy
Reply to
Randy
I've stashed away a case of them...
Bob Kaplow
Just curious, how many of the Sat V's are in a case?? BTW, I've got 2 of them, one opened, one still sealed. Can't seem to decide how I want to build. Stock, clustered, 29mm. I'm leaning toward stock, with a better mmt tube, to fly on 24mm E and F reloads only. I've never "personally" witnessed a stock flight on a D12 that didn't prang. Didn't someone try one at NARAM45 on an E9 for a power prang? An E9, with 4 C out boards would be pretty cool. David

Dlogan
Dlogan wrote about Saturn V:
we flew our Saturn V a half dozen times on D12-3s with no problems. sure you only get 100' out of it but so what.
Reply to
Cliff Sojourner
Use a 2 cluster D mount. It is a really good SV combo.
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
My first build has flown stock D12-3 11 times. No problems
Verna has flown her 5 engine cluster (1 D & 5 C)14 times, no problems.
Randy
Reply to
Randy
My bad, I meant 1 D and 4 C's.
Randy
Reply to
Randy
4 Sat V's to a box.
Five C's is a great combo, Four C's + one E9 sounds like a winner too.
Reply to
BB
You can always adapt down, but never up, I would say 29 or 38mm :-)
Pax
Reply to
Paxton
Waaahhh!! I miss model rocketry...
now all I can do is spend NT$50 on a roman candle (thats a buck fifty US) just so I can be shooting stars at tamsui river... or go out in the boonies and find someone selling bottle rockets.
Reply to
tai fu
A case holds 4. I've also got one not in the case, for a total of 5.
Bob Kaplow