Hobby Lobby sale this week

Not true.

One day I will get 'round to posting the flight pics...

~ Duane Phillips

Reply to
Duane Phillips

four A10-0P's and one E9 should be near perfect.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

I've been thinking about doing that on one of my Saturn V's and one of my Maxi V-2's. Anybody done this combo with two or four A10-P's?

I recently finished Broadsword with a 24mm mount and two 13mm mounts to test things out.

Reply to
Tim

Me? Not yet. However, I have made several flights of an old Estes Saurn V using one D12 and 4 B3-3m motors.

Hmm. One of my favorite models was a Gig Bertha with a 21mm motor mount for FSI E5 motors. Today, I'd just use the E9 and chase like hell.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

Sounds like fun. :)

I have the Broadsword's white base coat finished and will probably paint it in a 1969 Big Bertha or Super Big Bertha paint scheme while I'm off next week.

I'm going to flight sim it with a C11-x core motor and some A10-P's, then adjust from there for the shortest safe flight I can get. If I can keep it low and still have a safe boost, I'll fly it in the pasture behind the house sometime in the next few weeks.

Reply to
Tim

I built a Big Betty and made a mating set of fins for a booster. Flew great on a D12-0/E9-8 combo. Never did see it again though. We were in Bend Oregon out in the high desert and a dust devil decended on my position as I was watching the recovery. I tried to keep my eyes on the rocket and had to smile as an ez-up took to flight right in front of me just before the sand and dust assualted my eyeballs. When I opened my eyes, the rocket gods (omniscient, omnipresent bastards) had taken Betty. "Betty!! Betty!!!" I wailed as I stumbled through the sage. snif.

steve

Reply to
default