cp/cg decals or stickers?

BSD Rocketry used to supply some of these IIRC.

Reply to
Damian Hall

I saw in an older rocket magazine an ad for CP and CG stickers or decals for putting on your rockets. Can anyone direct me to the vender or a vender that may have these?

Reply to
nitram578

Flis Kits has a decal sheet with some of these as well as other stuff intended for models. Water slide style.

Layne

Reply to
L&K

Thanks Damian!

Reply to
nitram578

Frank at Rebel

does sheets of self-adhesive ones. 3 Euros per sheet. Look under gadgets, then click on the CG/CP link.

G.

Reply to
Graham

What's the point of a CG sticker, since that will vary depending on the motor, recovery, payload, etc.

Bob Kaplow

Bob, For those lovely Certification flights! That way it is marked.

Reply to
nitram578

Bob,

I've wondered about that, too. I prefer to have two CP stickers - one for the Barrowman CP, one for the Rocksim CP. The SCO is gonna see where it balances on his finger, and decide how that compares to the CPs. If I'm a little under a caliber with the Barrowman, but over with the Rocksim CP, then I'm satisfied.

OTOH, for oddball-but-known-stable rockets, a CG sticker indicating the stock CG can be helpful when you're trying to add noseweight to move the balance point to the known stable CG.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

I drill a small hole to indicate CP - can't move or come off like a decal! CG is measured just prior to launch - full up weight with motor, etc., so can vary based on motor and recovery hardware, etc.

Reply to
Tad Danley

Or mark it with a Sharpie or other permanent marker.

Bob Kaplow