Rocksim files needed for the new AT G77R and G67R reloads

Does anyone have or know where to get the .eng file for the new G77R and G67R reloads Aerotech recently released. I've looked for them on the AT, NAR, TRA, CAR, EMRR and Thrustcurve.com sites but I haven't found anything.

Thanks,

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Grippo

Who certified these new reloads?

And for that matter, what is the point of releasing them now, when the JBGTs are already enforcing the rule that doesn't exist making these new motors subject to their illegal regulation.

Bob Kaplow

I think TRA did.

Actually, these are 62.5g motors that use the same grains as the longer 29mm and 38mm cases, so everyone should still be able to buy grains for the new G cases, even under such a weight limit...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

But the JBGTs claim that any reload grain that COULD be used in a larger motor is regulated. That makes F and G motors made of 29mm 31.2g or 38mm

62.5g grains regulated. And possibly other reloads if they get really stupid. Of course it's not the law (at least not yet) but that doesn't keep them from trying to illegally inforcing it today.

Bob Kaplow

So explosives magazines can be filled with yet more exempt goods?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

For more information about these G-Powered Redlines go to

and click on Aerotech news.

If anyone has used these motors, please post a review of their performance.

In the event anyone wants to purchase the hardware and reloads, I found them at Wildman Rocketry

and Performance Hobbies
Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Grippo

After checking the respective web sites, I don't see these motors listed as certified any where.

Bob Kaplow

You can bet they are shipping.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I found the certification on TRA HPR G page!! I also am looking for the thrust curves and info of the G79w etc. Ken

Reply to
Kenneth Jarosch

So they are HPR (to TRA) after all?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

By "lift matrix" do you mean the "recommended liftoff weights"? Historically, AT has only given that data on their "hobby" series (the small SU and the 29/40-120, 24mm, and 18mm reloadables), but not for any of the loads that use the "RMS High Power" hardware series - including those 29/60, 29/100, and 29/120 loads that fall within the boundaries of the "model rocket" category...)

At any rate, the values that AT does give are often way conservative (relative to the actual ability of the motors), especially for the longer delays in low-drag rockets.

(This is a generic problem with trying to give such a figure in any case... it's one thing to estimate the weight that can be safely accelerated off the pad for a given thrust curve, but the actual coast time for rockets with a certain weight will vary dramatically with the drag characteristics...)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

:)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It applies to "NFPA-1122 model rocket motors".

Those are all "NFPA-1122 model rocket motors".

There is no NFPA requirement they be accurate or sensible, just that they exist. They could simplify compliance by applying the F60 chart to ALL RMS MR motors. Consumers would be misled, but AT would be in compliance.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

We have been workng on and flying border line G/H rockets, weight and size wise. We have been using the G80-4T with great success and wondered if the G79w and G77r would be a good replacement for the expensive $25+- G80. We use Rocksim for most calcs before field trials.

I thought these "model rocket HPR (Aerotech reference) motors might comply with that 1122 requirement. Yes the lift off is ok but the longer time delay was the issue.

We don't have the G79 and G77 plugged into rocksim yet. I was looking for a quick answer from Aerotech. :-0

Ken

Reply to
Kenneth Jarosch

Is Aerotech ALWAYS confused?

MR vs HPR Restricted vs exempt.

Gees.

The data on their home page gives propellant weight and total impulse and thrust time. Assume a flat thrust trace and be done with it.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Good idea Jerry , Thanks Ken

Reply to
Kenneth Jarosch

That's where I looked yesterday, and again today, and neitrher of these motors are listed.

Bob Kaplow

Bob Kaplow OOPS! I had a post announcing the cert. of the G77R's and G67R's while I was checking on the G79W's and G61W's and got the two types mixed in the post. I did find reference to the coming certification under "What's New".

Also , Gary Rosenfield answered my question as to their certification date as 12/19/04. In another thread we received a post from TMT confirming the cert. of the redlines.

TMT CERT. motors list is of 12/04/04 and does not yet reflect the

12/19/04 date.

Sorry to confuse the issue but I have the redlines on order for shipment on the 15th.

Ken

Reply to
Kenneth Jarosch

Nope. There have been no public announcements by TRA of the certification of the motor.

Maybe they "don't do that"?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Bob Kaplow, I could not find that note (email or post) regarding the certification of the G redlines. So I asked for a private audience with the heads of state at AT and TMT.

Gary Rosenfield stated that the G redlines were certified on

12/19/2004. I requested a statement from Paul Holmes on the certs of the G redlines for our local RSO's. Paul sent me the email starting that the G77R and G67R were certified on 12/19/2004 and that he hasn't had time to post it on TRA site yet. He further stated that his email was to be considered the Official TRA TMT cert. of those motors for use of our RSO's

Thank you Paul. I have forwarded that email to our club's cert list for our area.

On the other side of the coin NAR came out with their new cert. list and the E11-4J's and the F39-3T's are still not certified.

Ken

Reply to
Kenneth Jarosch