AT G77R .eng file needed for Rocksim

Does anyone have or know where to get the .eng file for the new G77R and G67R reloads Aerotech recently released. I've looked for them on the AT, NAR, TRA, CAR, EMRR and Thrustcurve.com sites but I haven't found anything.

Thanks,

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Grippo

Aerotech claims that TMT certified these motors. (Isn't it odd that there hasn't been a word from TMT about these motors?) So ask either TMT or Aerotech for the data.

Note: Thrust curves are in the assembly instrucions available on the Aerotech web site. So you could use those to make your own .eng file. But it will be tricky as there are no gridlines in the graphs.

Andrew Grippo wrote: > Does anyone have or know where to get the .eng file for the new G77R and > G67R reloads Aerotech recently released. I've looked for them on the AT, > NAR, TRA, CAR, EMRR and Thrustcurve.com sites but I haven't found anything. >

Reply to
David Schultz

There was more than a word from TMT, there were many words (see below). The TMT web page does need updating.

-JT

Reply to
Jeff Taylor

Was this published in a super secret location or in public?

What does, "Gary and his group of Elves have been busy and have further fleshed out their Redline set of motor reloads to the non-certified crowd." mean?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

As Paul said, it will be published soon (on the web).

Always looking on the dark side, aren't you?

It means they are G motors and thus level 1 HPR certification is not required to use them.

-JT

Reply to
Jeff Taylor

No I am asking what it means. It could have several meanings.

It could mean as uncertified units they were beta tested.

It could mean what you imply.

It could mean a couple of other things.

I guess I originally meant to ask whether the document cited was private correspondence (letter to mfg) or some sort of release us mere mortals did not have access to?

That is a reasonable question.

Always looking on the dark side, aren't you?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

And in what PUBLIC place was this posted?

Bob Kaplow

Actually it's a secret way they have of confusing Jerry. Poor Jerry.

8-)
Reply to
Phil Stein

Certified is used in at least two contexts interchangeably.

Motor cert Consumer cert.

I propose a formal terminology change for one or the other!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

How about going back to the original for both: "approved" motors and "confirmed" users.

Hmmm... "confirmed user": that sounds like some kind of dope-fiend! :)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

If the shoe fits!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Jeff Taylor wrote: >

Even though this message is addressed to "All", I suppose that this was sent only to the secret TRA list. Which is hardly "All" and of no use to those of us who are either not members of TRA or haven't subscribed to the list.

Why should the TMT web pages be kept up to date now? They certainly haven't been in the past. I sent an E-mail to the head (now ex-head) of TMT many months ago enquiring about one error in the list and never received a reply. The Aerotech J170H still isn't on the list.

Reply to
David Schultz

G77r with a 4 sec delay? All the reloads are being sent out with the Medium delay only. I noticed this on many net stores about Oct. selling G,H & I motors. They offer a pdk+ delay (single delay for $2.00 to $3.50 extra) if you can get it for the Short delay. I don't know if this is a Aerotech deal or the Hobby shops are keeping inventory down. Ken

Reply to
Kenneth Jarosch

AT says only short and long are certified.

Medium can be made short by removing 3/32" delay.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

oops!

AT says only short and medium are certified.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Adjusting the delay sure beats the extra charge!!! That's the nice part of Pro38 and Loki motors.

That adjustment (AT) will wake up the legal eagles on RMR , Jerry.

Ken

Reply to
Kenneth Jarosch

If AT recommends it ANYWHERE in ANY website entry or paper documentation (and they did at least through 1994), then it is also NFPA/NAR/TRA legal since it is "recommended by the manufacturer."

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Actually, if you download the instructions for the RDK+ series delay kits, in many cases you can figure out how to "split the difference" using off-the-shelf delay kits for another propellant type. For example, the "medium" kit called out for the H165R (29/180 redline) is exactly halfway between medium and short for the H128W (29/180 white lightning).

Ever wished you could have an H128W-8? It's mathematically possible.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Dave W Yes, I've played with those numbers on a linear burn rate to see the odd multiples. But I've also noticed from those instructions that any single delay element will have different burn rates depending on the propellent type. I suppose due to pressure and temperature differences.

I bought out several pkgs of RDK+ shorts ($0.80 a delay vs current $3.50 ea.) from our local hobby store who is no longer dealing in HPR motors due to legal hassle.

Ken

Reply to
Kenneth Jarosch

The modal LMR/HPR rocket needs an 8 second delay.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine