RE: [F-FT] Estes Eagle tangles again

Dave,

I just finish building the Estes Eagle today, and if you kit came stocked the same as mine, I have a good guess at your problem.

When was the last time you have heard this from a Estes kit? "The shock cord and streamer are much too long!"

I hoping to launch it tomorrow and give you a report. I built the kit stock so I have a reference point to test my theory.

I'll let you know what I find out.

Bruce

OK, I launched my Estes Eagle again today, this time on a C6-3. Where the B4-2 flight was straight up, the C6-3 went straight up at first, but with the additional power of the C it had severe arcing off to the side after the early portion of boost. This time, I 'wrapped' the shock cord as much as I could around the streamer to hopefully give it a tiny bit more time to unfurl, so that it wouldn't tangle with the glider.

However, at separation, once again, the streamer was heavily tangled with the glider, and the whole thing came tumbling to earth. And once again, the glider did seem to be trying to glide, but couldn't with the streamer and pod wrapped around it. No damage on landing (on grass), but I'm a bit fed up with the fact that I can't seem to get the glider to separate cleanly.

I should add that I'm pleased with the metal heat-resistant tape, as it has in fact prevented damage to the foam tail section by the engine exhaust

Any constructive comments would be most appreciated.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
Bruce Canino

Are sure it was Estes? ; )