AT G77R .eng file needed for Rocksim

Once you have a specific length characterized it is +- 1 sec per 1/32" length.

Jerry

ATF exempt but not from Errortech!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Ken,

AeroTech RDKs for 29 & 38mm reloads are $3.50 retail for a pack of three, ($1.17 each). Dealers often sell them for less.

Gary

Reply to
Gary C. Rosenfield

Does Aerotech in any form currently suggest modifying delays, thus legalizing all who do?

Not on the home page of course :)

Or equally effective has Aerotech simply not rescinded its prior such suggestion?

Jerry

AT Dealer #001

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yeah, H128-10 is just a little too long a delay for the typical "level 1-size" rocket.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

You didn't witness Aerotech trying to convince NAR leaders at NARAM-44 that drilling out J350 cores (afflicted with APCP spongiform disease) to 0.5" did not result in an uncertified motor. (whether modified by Aerotech or individuals) NAR didn't fall for it and Aerotech finally recertified the J350 using 0.5" cores. Which is currently the _only_ certified version that can be produced.

Modifying a motor from its certified configuration results in an uncertified motor. It doesn't matter if a user does it under a recommendation by the manufacturer or the manufacturer does it.

I wonder when the new G80, G40 and G38 will be certified?

Jerry Irvine wrote: > In article , > snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Kenneth Jarosch) wrote: >

Reply to
David Schultz

Once upon a time, Jim Turner gave me a chart which listed delay lengths and such. If you wanted to, you could look at it and pick the delay time you wanted without too much hassle. The big downside is that Aerotech uniformly lists their delays (for non-"consumer" reloads anyway) as short, medium, and long. NAR does show the delay times during testing in their certification documents but TRA doesn't. So for the TRA certified motors you are left guessing as to what precisely is meant by short, medium, and long.

It has generally meant 6, 10, or 14 seconds but I note that TMT is claiming (in the message forwarded to RMR) that the delays on the G67R and G77R reloads are 4 and 7 seconds for short and medium.

The list Jim Turner gave me was for the old RMS delays. I have created a spreadsheet in the same style for the RMS+ delays for 29mm, 38mm, and 54mm reloads using the data in the RMS+ instructions.

It lists the motors (and nominal delay designation) for each delay type along with the delay and spacer lengths and spacer color. This is handy for figuring out what those loose parts that you forgot to label really are. :-)

It also includes a column showing the length difference between delays (delays are sorted by length, not by RDK+ number). Which would allow someone to pick a suitable delay. If you wanted to. Not that I am recommending it.

But it would have been very handy to have at LDRS 22. Because reloads had been packaged only with medium delays, there was a run on long delay kits and I couldn't find the required kit. If I had had this list with me, I might have been able to choose a "close" delay to substitute. The precise delay not being critical as it was just a backup for the altimeter.

Not that I recommend that. :-)

David We >

Reply to
David Schultz

Gary Rosenfield

Nice to hear from you again! Thanks for giving the correct value on the new RDK+ kits. This will give me info when dealing with Hobby Stores.

However, the net stores I have been trying to buy your new G motors from said you only ship them with Medium delays. But they sell delays for $2.00 to $3.50. When I asked if this was a package I was told NO that's per delay as stated on their Web store sheet.

Also, Gary what is Aerotech doing about recertifying your E11-3J(NAR

4J) and F39-6T(NAR 3T). These motors are being sold all over the place and not NAR certified. MASA RSO's wont let us fly them and NAR is non-responsive to my questions!!

P.S. When were the G77R's and G67R's certified. 12/30/04??

Thank (in advance) for clearing up all of the about questions.

Ken

Reply to
Kenneth Jarosch

That's because they do not test all the motors as they say they do or they are obligated to do.

:)

:)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

That's funny.

What is actually produced these days? All same diameter cores?

Gary gets express service, so as soon as he submits samples I presume.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It worked on Tripoli!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Hmmm. Interesting.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Jerry Ever since NAR came out with their 07/24/04 Certified list the E11-3J's (NAR CERT 4J) and the F39-6T (NAR CERT 3T) as not recertified I have been pestering both Aerotech and NAR to do something about the uncertified motors in the pipe line.

Aerotech confirmed my complaint after I brought it to their attention. Nothing done yet so I now ask Gary Rosenfield if not now when? I also wrote NAR S&T chairman, NAR Headquarters and the S&T secretary for months with no response. This gives me great confidence in these associations. :-((

What say Gary can we move NAR and Aerotech along???

Ken

Reply to
Kenneth Jarosch

No, It's because Gary has All the required permits, in His name and a legal manufacturing facility.

you, On the other hand, have none of those things, not one.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

NAR takes NO responsibility for KNOWN negligence.

They could easily be sued for that.

Not!!!

GFL

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

What about the clay ejection cap mod for Estes motors? The NAR blessed that.

Of course, this argument has already been played out to it's hypocritical conclusion. But why not bring it up again?

Reply to
Tweak

In article snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3153.bay.webtv.net, Kenneth Jarosch at snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote on 1/6/05 6:14 PM:

I would ask them to check the price again, or have them contact us if there are any questions. Some dealers give them away with a reload purchase.

We are in communication with the NAR and are providing them with whatever they need to maintain/renew AeroTech's certifications.

12/19/04

Gary

Reply to
Gary C. Rosenfield

Gary Rosenfield Thanks for your response to all my questions. Good Luck in the New Year! Ken NAR TRA MASA TRA-MN

Reply to
Kenneth Jarosch

You're welcome, Ken. Same to you!

Gary