Hobby Lobby 50% off rockets

Like I suggested to someone else...become "postal buddies" with someone near you, who has access to a Hobby Lobby. For $50.00...you can build up quite a "spare parts collection" buying nothing but the $7.00-and-under Estes and Quest kits at 50% off. Can you ever have "too many" Baby Berthas? (Or Quest's "Full Moon" --- one of my favorites...)

:o)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Not sure what you mean, Alan. I'm not whining, nor complaining about anything at all. I'm GLAD to have gotten these inexpensive kits, no matter where they were made.

I just see a curious twist here; the Chinese are credited with the discovery of black powder and a lot of its early application and development is from Chinese history. Today, they make rocket kits for an American company, but we make the black powder motors over here. It just strikes me as an odd result of history, that's all.

No whine intended.

Reply to
Gary

Much like Jethro rebuilding the transmission on the old truck, we seem to have an ever growing left over parts collection. Kitbashing tends to produce lots of extra parts.

Weee doggies!

Randy

<randyolb

Motors from Penrose would be of Better quality, than what You would get from a chinese fireworks mfg.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Full Moon? I've never seen that one. I have *one* Baby Bertha, under construction now... :-)

Eldred

Reply to
Eldred Pickett

Hehe...you're right! I assume he meant that they don't like the "Consumer Reports" type websites comparing prices between them and the other chain stores... But again - how can that be illegal?

Eldred

Reply to
Eldred Pickett

Yes, but I'd still like to see the scale model kits of Chinese launch vehicles. Mind you, the kids still need instructions written in Penrose.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

It's a very cool "short 'n stubby" like the Baby Bertha, but with three neat splayed fins, as opposed to Bertha's four V-2-ish fins:

Greg Heilers