Hobby Lobby 50% off rockets

Gary wrote:

Motors from Penrose would be of Better quality, than what You would get from a chinese fireworks mfg.

Yes, but I'd still like to see the scale model kits of Chinese launch vehicles. Mind you, the kids still need instructions written in Penrose.
Alan
I just bought a bunch of kits at HL for a special kit-bash I'm going to call, "My Baby Bertha's Got The Screamin' Mimi Blu's"
Roy nar12605

I picked up three BB's; I've got a couple of Excelcisor Rocketry's <http://towrowrow.tripod.com/excelsiorrocketry/ Goony Retro-Bash instructions/decals that I've got to build.
Roy Green wrote:

I want to see! I want to see!
Randy http://vernarockets.com /
Eventually I'll get over to a BRB launch. Maybe I'll have it done by then (I just in the last five minutes changed the design to something akin to a very utilitarian looking Mars Snooper II).
Roy nar12605

(I
very
That would be great Roy! Hope you can make it soon.
Randy http://vernarockets.com /
Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Why would Walmart (or *any* business) have a document stating that they do *not* honor competitors' coupons? This would, logically and understandably, be the default policy. If *any* document was present, it would be that they *do* honor competitors' coupons. No business is obligated, legally or morally, to honor a competitor's pricing, nor "specials".
And what would Walmart have, rocketry-wise, that Hobby Lobby does *not* have? (You must have a poor Hobby Lobby, and a way-way-way-above average Walmart, in your area...lol)
--

Greg Heilers
Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Every time I have visited the 5 or 6 nearest Walmarts; I have seen the same. They will have two, or perhaps three, of their cases of motors on the shelves...and at most, three different Estes starter sets. I have *never* seen a "non-starter-set" kit at our Walmarts.
Now, our Hobby Lobby (at least the 4 in my near area), even if in "extremely shopped" condition, always has a fairly extensive assortment of Estes and Quest kits...from the under-three-dollar price...to the thirty-and-over price.
--

Greg Heilers
Registered Linux user #328317 - SlackWare Linux 10.1 (2.6.10)
Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Like I said....you have Walmarts that are way-way-way-above average..lol.
Michael's....so sad....they *used* to be such a good chain, for hobby supplies.
--

Greg Heilers
Registered Linux User #328317 - SlackWare 10.1 (2.6.10)

I've seen the "Lunchables" kits before.

No Hobby Lobby in the area, darnit.
Eldred
Eldred Pickett wrote:

Like I suggested to someone else...become "postal buddies" with someone near you, who has access to a Hobby Lobby. For $50.00...you can build up quite a "spare parts collection" buying nothing but the $7.00-and-under Estes and Quest kits at 50% off. Can you ever have "too many" Baby Berthas? (Or Quest's "Full Moon" --- one of my favorites...)
:o)
--

Greg Heilers

Much like Jethro rebuilding the transmission on the old truck, we seem to have an ever growing left over parts collection. Kitbashing tends to produce lots of extra parts.
Weee doggies!
Randy http://vernarockets.com /
On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:07:59 GMT, Greg Heilers

Full Moon? I've never seen that one. I have *one* Baby Bertha, under construction now... :-)
Eldred
Eldred Pickett wrote:

It's a very cool "short 'n stubby" like the Baby Bertha, but with three neat splayed fins, as opposed to Bertha's four V-2-ish fins:
http://www.rocketreviews.com/reviews/kits/qst_full_moon.html
--

Greg Heilers
Registered Linux User #328317 - SlackWare 10.1 (2.6.10)

I've never seen a Walmart with anything but starter kits and motors. Maybe a few RTF rockets if you're lucky.
Maybe Walmarts in other areas are different from the ones I have seen.
Brian Elfert

Launchables.
for those of you who don't have a local hobby lobby.
we(see other thread) are having a high power launch, and one of our visitors does have a local hobby lobby nearby, and offered to pick up some stuff for me.
hydrogen rocket space ship one micromax bulk set all for a price less than the hydrogen rocket
neener neener neener!
--
Tater
President of MARS Club (NAR #660)

I've yet to see this any where locally.

Already cleaned out one HL of their supply of these.

My wife got one for me and one for Chris Taylor last year. No HL in his area either. I don't know if I'll have the chance to get there today, but if any one that isn't going to NARAM wants me to try to pick something up for them, just ask, and I'll see what we can do.
... One nation under surveillance, divisive, with liberty and justice for none.
On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 05:08:30 -0500, "tater schuld"

<smacks Tater with a trout> :-)
Eldred