Select other? NOT!

Is anyone seeing the following select other weirdness?

Start the mate command....I pick a face with LMB. RMB, select other, cycle thru some faces till I get the one I was after... LMB to accept the selection. The original face I picked on turns green and says "you must pick from two different components for mating. Well, I realize I have to do that! Which is what I was trying to do when I got bogged down in the select other command!

There are some other variations of this condition Better results are achieved with the RMB on the very first pick. Although This is not always true. Other conditions like order of the pick also seems to be in play.... I have seen this on two different workstations. I suspect I do not understand some of the implications of the changes to the mate command.

Anyone notice this? I would love to change the way I pick....(not really) if I could figure out the recommended "select other behavior" Recommendations anyone?

Hacksaw

Reply to
hacksaw

I usually select with the RMB if I know I'm am going to do a "select other" Seems to work almost all the time that way.........

Noel Jones

Reply to
N. Jones

Same here...if I know I'm gonna "select other" I always rmb directly, close to for example an edge, must say I've never seen this ......and it seem like I can't repet it

Krister

hacksaw skrev i diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:bpt00u$rfc$ snipped-for-privacy@geraldo.cc.utexas.edu...

Reply to
Krister L

Reply to
Malcolm_Tempt

Thanks Malcolm, I thought it was a bug.

Thanks to everyone else on the right click to avoid the irritation!

Hacksaw

Reply to
hacksaw

Hacksaw,

I just checked that SPR # and it is specific to the RMB menu for ballooning. You'll probably want to report your problem too.

MT

Reply to
Malcolm_Tempt