DBwapp.par

Running Win XP Prof. SP1 and SW2004 Logged in as Admin Installed MDAC 2.8 Installed demo DBWorks

Now i'm getting about a dozen errors when starting any of the DBWorks applications. Looks like it revolves around file "DBwapp.par".

What's wrong here? Thanks.

Reply to
Count Zero

Send an e-mail to mechworks in italy....or call them....they are very helpful.

Krister L

Reply to
Krister L

"Krister L" wrote

Hello Krister,

Are you still on DBworks? It seems as a lot of the DB users have moved to smarteam since MPE dropped DB last year.

/Per E

Reply to
Per Eriksson

Yes I know ....I was even over to MP and had a chat with PEO about switching over to smarteam....mostly becasue we're about to set up a station in Poland as well, and I was wondering a little about sharing files across the border. Where to store them, who's gonna have access to what and stuff like that. So far I'm alone here and as I'm used to DB I still use it....no hurry yet to switch. But when I've had som problems Iv'e contacted Mechworks and they helped me out quick and easy.

Krister L

Reply to
Krister L

Count,

You didn't say which installation type you performed. I'm assuming you loaded the integrated version on a single workstation (not a network installation).

Chances are the latest installation is pointing to the wrong directory. This will cause DBWorks, Customizer, and Category Maker to not start up properly.

Go into the registry and search under local machine --> Software

-->MechWorks --->DBWorks---->98 and check your GlobalParameterPath value.

Make sure it is pointing the the default demo installation path: C:\Program Files\DBWORKS. Modify this value as applicable to ensure it is pointing to the directory where DBwapp.par resides.

The DBWorks Demo installation automatically creates the proper ODBC connections under Administrative Tools --> ODBC settings. However, occasionally these connections are not made with previously installed versions that were incorrectly uninstalled.

Check you USER DNS tab on ODBC setting to ensure the following:

  1. DBWorks (Access Driver) pointing to DBWorks\Schema
  2. DBWCUST (Access Driver) pointing to DBWorks\Schema
  3. DBWMAT (Access Driver) pointing to DBWorks\Schema
  4. DBWBOM (Excel Driver) pointing to DBWorks\Schema
  5. DBWEXCEL (Excel Driver) pointing to DBWorks\Schema

This error sometimes (probably not applicable in your case)appears when the DBWorks database was upsized to MSDE or SQL. Re-installing DBWorks points the ODBC connection to the incorrect database (default is in Access (mdb) database.

Hopes this helps.

Len K. Mar, P.Eng. President, E-data Solutions

Reply to
Len K. Mar