Config question

Hello All,
Is there any way to make a configuration in an assembly that uses an angular mate in a sub-assembly?
TIA, Muggs

Do you mean that the sub is flexible? Or do you want something in the assy to look at the value in the sub and match the value of the angle found there? Or, option #3?
WT

angular
Here's what I have now,
Thing.sldasm Subthing-1.sldasm mate-1 mate-2 Subthing-2.sldasm mate-1 mate-2 Subthing-3.sldasm mate-1 mate-2
OK, suppose that I want to create a 2 configs in Thing.sldasm, and those configs change an angular value of say Subthing-3,mate-2. Is that something that I can do? Because it doesn't seem to work for me.
Thanks, Muggs

Subthing-3<1> will need to have the two configurations as well. Thing will have two configurations, each referencing the corresponding configuration in Subthing-3<1>.
--
Dale Dunn
Design Engineer

This is true, but you need a configuration of the flexible subassembly for each flexible instance of that assembly.
In this case, you're right. Only the flexible subassembly is needed.
--
Dale Dunn
Design Engineer

will
configuration

Wayne,
If I might kindly augment your statement with "but, multiple instances of a single assy _are_ permitted if you have a *distinct* configuration for each instance used" (i.e. the restriction is against having a repeated multiple instance of a given configuration of a sub-assy when flexible, not on the whole sub-assy itself).
Please forgive the minor editorializing, but this is possibly helpful to his predicament.
Regards,
SMA
Add a new config Supress the angular mate. Add a new mate at secondary angle. example: Subthing-3.sldasm mate-1 mate-2 (angle 45 degrees)[supressed] mate-3 (angle 60 degrees)

snipped-for-privacy@zoll.com says...

You don't need to suppress then add a new mate. Each config can just have a different angular value with the same mate.
--
Arlin
(remove '351' from email to reply)