Another lame question about drawings

Hello All,

Pardon the lame drawing question again, but can I "replace components" in a part drawing like I can in an assembly. Well obviously I can't or I wouldn't be asking this question. So, is there a way to do that? e.g. drawing is of Leg-002.SLDPRT and now I would like to us Leg-003.SLDPRT .

TIA, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

invoke file>open. select drawing, select references button.

you can either type new filename (select, pause) or browse (double click) for it.

Reply to
kenneth

Thanks Kenneth,

That worked perfectly. Except now one of the surfaces doesn't show in the drawing. I'm sure that this has nothing to do with the exchange but I've seen other peeps with this problem. Is there a "fix"?

Thanks again, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

i've never experienced this or any issues for that matter. running '06 sp5

Reply to
kenneth

OK thanks. I'm running SW2006 SP5 as well. Maybe its just a funky surface, but it rebuilds fine and shows fine in all other views!?!

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

The one thing to look out for in doing this is if you should have both components open in an assembly and replace the one in the drawing it will replace the one that is open in the assembly as well as the one in the drawing

Not a problem in this case, but thanks for the tip!

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs