Animator Question

Hello All,

Well when I signed up again for my subscription I bit hard and also ordered SW Office, mainly to get EDrawings Pro and Toolbox, but man is animator cool!

So now I have a question: Can I change an angular dimension and animate that? I need something to rock back and forth.

I know that this is probably animation for dumbies part one, but that's where I'm at, so... BTW, I downloaded Brian Hill's animation article from Mike's website, and I'll be reading that as soon as my wife calls me to come to bed.

TIA, "Comming Honey".... "Right Now" Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

In part = no in assembly = yes

Mikes Mandrel Pipe Bender (2001) gives you a good start...

Reply to
Arto Kvick

OK Arto,

I think that I'm a pretty smart guy, but I'm lost as to how Mike made the pipe bend in the assembly/animation. I don't understand what's driving the 270 degree dimension in Sketch3 of Cut Extrude1. Or how he's driving it (if in fact he is) from the assembly.

Thanks for sheding of light, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Hi Muggs, Sorry for the late reply. I'm on the road so I can't be of much help except to recommend looking at the "Ship in a Bottle" part and see what happens when you rebuild. The Pipe Bender is cool too but I agree, it's hard to see what I did.

Also, if you do a google search for "Animator Equation" or something like that, you can download many examples of mine that I don't have as a link on my main website.

Here is a typical example...

Again, hit rebuild to see it animate.

I'll be back home this weekend and I'll be glad to post examples here if you can wait. Send me files or sreenshots as well (use the email link on my website).

Regards, Mike Wilson

None

You could use a hidden dummy part that controls the angle sketch... so that the original part refers to the dummy, and you use angular mates to move the dummy part.. now all you have to do is assign animator paths to the dummy part (angle dimenstion)

...but the Animator Equations, that Mike suggested works too..

I have a simple sheetmetal animation that should clarify, if you are interested...

Reply to
Arto Kvick

You can find that animation from my "website" [Bend.zip]

Arto Kvick