Animator question from an absentee

Hello All,

Well it certainly has been a while. Too much drama (more than usual) a few months ago so I stopped checking in, BUT now I'm in need of some help!

Is it possible to animate through 5 configurations? I have a situation where I have 5 configs (Down, Up-1, Up-2, Up-3, Up-4) and I would like to animate from Down to Up-4 with pauses at Up-1, 2 and 3.

Is this possible? How?

TIA, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Long time since I did this, but if I remember right You use the configs as keypoints along the time bar. Important though, is that You supress the previous mates as You move further with the configs, otherwise they will hold it still.

// Krister

Reply to
Krister_L

Hi Mugs

You used to be be able to do this in SW2001, unfortunately, as far as I am aware, SW Animator has since been improved so that it is no longer possible. If you find a way to do this then please let us know because configurations are a nice way to set animation points.

Have a Nice Day !!!

Reply to
mrw

Dang IT!!!! I was really hoping you could animate between configs as well. This would save so much time! I thought I missed it but it doesn't seem that you can do this.

Don

Reply to
dvanzile3

Oh, so we're good enough ONLY when you need something?? :-))

I once did a poor man's animation with configs by starting a drawing and placing a view on the drawing for each config. Then I made an eDrawing of the drawing and played it there. Not perfect, but did what I needed and anyone could run it.

(Welcome back!)

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I have to admit I was a bit too optimistic....as I said it was quite a while since I played with it, and maybe it was back in 2001, coz it sure doesn't work as I remember it. What a pity....I could have had use for it soon too.

// Krister

Reply to
Krister_L

Muggs,

Go ask your question over on Eng-Tips.com. There are few guys over there that do animations on a regular basis and can give you some ideas.

Cheers,

Anna

Reply to
Anna Wood

Good timmng - I'm was just about to ask the same question hope you get an answer

John Layne

John Layne

Muggs, try a flip book. About 60 pages is good. A medium size post-it notes pack works great. Just remember to start at the back and work towards the front, otherwise viewing can be awkward.

Have fun! Diego

Reply to
Diego

Its simple. Insert all the configuration in the assembly. Then for the few seconds (say 0-10 seconds) hide all except one. Then for another few seconds (11-20), unhide second one and hide all and so on. I used this way to make one similar animation where I have to show different configurations.

Regards

Deepak

Reply to
Engineer