Subscription stuff up

I just tried logging into support hoping for a new service pack and SolidWorks have changed the website. When I get to the new support page I'm
informed that "Active Subscription Service contract required for full access" - I have subscription!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After clicking on "My SolidWorks Products" the site tells me I have SolidWorks 2003 and my service ended 31 August 2003 I have SolidWorks 2006 and have been paying subscription since day one!!!!!!!!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I have just rang my VAR and awaiting a call back from support.
It's probably a good thing I didn't get to speak to anyone straight away because I need a few minutes to calm down. Whilst I'm paying NZ$3000 plus a year for the privilage of being able to download SP's I really want to be able to do it without a hickup.
Sorry - for dribbling on but I needed to VENT
John Layne www.solidengineering.co.nz
JohnDON' snipped-for-privacy@solidengineering.co.nz says...

John,
Not that it's any consolation, but I just tried to log in and was met with the "limited access" BS. One of the log in options is now (as it always has been) to enter the original SW Serial Number, but this doesn't give me full access now, and I've had paid-up subscription service for 8 years!
By coincidence, I downloaded the SP 4.1 files from my office 6 hours ago (roughly 1600 GMT), when the OLD web site was still in service. No problems, no delays.
Progress, you've got to love it.
Strange indeed - I go straight in - no delay at all. Not sure what you guys are seeing.
WT

Wayne,
I think they took down the new Web site within the last half hour or less. I just went there and the look and feel is the "old" one, much different from the "new" one and without the new log in requirements. I *can* log in with just the Serial Number as before.
Curiouser and curiouser.
AW
for subs slackers like myself - is there actually anything different about the portal or is it just a new front end for the previous content?

Dunno. After John's post I had a look, and the site was very different from the old one in the log in process. It wouldn't give me full access with my serial number, and I didn't go any farther. Now its back to the old site.
AW
"THIS IS A TEST....ONLY A TEST...PLEASE BE ON YOUR WAY...NOTHING TO SEE HERE...."
lol reminds me of the emergency broadcast system ads u used to hear...;)
Art,
Yes, they have taken down the new site and the old site is back online.
I to was met with limited access to the new site even though we have current subscription support.
The new site looks to be nice and I am looking forward to accessing it fully when SolidWorks gets their act together and launches it properly.
Regards,
Anna Wood
Art Woodbury wrote:

Of course you know it had to go through beta testing first to work out all of the BUGS, right?!?! Oh yeah!!! We must be the beta testers for their website as well as their software...
--
Seth Renigar
Emerald Tool and Mold Inc.

Interesting 2 hours later the website is back to the old layout and I can log in with no problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe someone was trialing a new version of the site. On my previous failed attempts I was redirected to https://customerportal.solidworks.com/eservice_enu/start.swe?SWECmd=Start where all my problems began.
John Layne www.solidengineering.co.nz
didn't you get an email about the new site a while ago?
Can't recall one, though I have only had one cup of coffee today so cannot be sure of anything.
John Layne www.solidengineering.co.nz

<SNIP>

Interesting. I went there and could get in with my s/n. I couldn't access account info, but then I created an account, logged in that way, and then I could. New access to my logged SPR's, VAR SR's, etc. No problems, though.
WT