Toolbox Question

Hello All,

Toolbox neophyte here!

I have a need to add a part to the toolbox, and I seem to be having some problems. Toolbox as supplied comes with Sockhead Shoulder bolts, ANSI inch. Toolbox has a 1/4" dia. shoulder bolt with a 1.5" long shoulder, and I need one with a 2" shoulder. So, my VAR told me to open the part, and change the dimension that I need and save as a new part with the updated part name, then use "Add my parts Wizard" to locate and install the new part. All works well except that the new part(s) is (are) now in the Ansi Inch >

Bolts and Screws > Socket Head Screws "folder". Is there any way to add them to "the list" of shoulder screws when I drag Shoulder into my assembly? I thought that I could simply add my changes to the config, but there doesn't seem to be a config of the Shoulder bolt!?! I'm afraid that I'm NOT making myself very clear. If someone has struggled though this, I would appreciate hearing their solution.

TIA, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Muggs, Short of editing the access database that drives ToolBox, I don't think you can do what you want. The add my parts wizard cannot update the exisiting files.

Just curious, where will you purchase this shoulder screw, it doesn't show up in any standard catalogs I have.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Doyle

Why McMaster-Carr of course! Page 2882 of the current catalog (109)

Can you purchase stuff anywhere else? ;)

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Should have known.