MEW subscription again

It seems that in spite of the announcement which Tony Jeffree posted back in December, ( see below) Magelica aren't bothering to reinstate the original subscription renewal date unless a complaint is made. I just received my renewal form which shows one issue deducted. If there any subscribers out there who haven't complained yet then it looks you will lose an issue unless you do complain. I suspect that it is deliberate policy by Magelica in the knowledge that many subscribers will be oblivious and just renew the subsciption when asked.

Archie

{ I have been sent the following by Magicalia, along with a request to distribute it as I see fit (so please feel free to forward this wherever you consider the information would be read by other MEW subscribers):

" Free Issue from Magicalia

An organisational problem arose with the Engineering Plans handbook, republished recently and sold under the Model Engineers' Workshop banner between issues 119 and 120, giving details of sets of drawings for many of the designs published in Model Engineer over the years.

The original intention was to release this for sale only through newstrade outlets however it was also sent out to all subscribers. To clear up any misunderstanding, Magicalia Publishing is happy to confirm that the plans special has been supplied free of charge to MEW subscribers. We hope that many readers will find the information on plans availability helpful, and that it will form the basis of a wide variety of interesting future projects. "

I note that this will deal with any problems that subscribers may have had with paying for the plans issue, but it doesn't fix the problem for those that bought it over the counter.

Regards, Tony }

Reply to
Archie

Or, of course, you could always write them a letter telling them where to stuff thier subscription. If everyone did this they would soon get the message.

Regards Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Steele

In article , Archie writes

Very timely reminder, thanks Archie. I got my subscription renewal letter this very morning, stating "Your subscription will start with issue 124". So I checked the previous year's letter (good thing I have it on file) and it says "Expiry Issue: 124"

So they are trying to do me out of one issue, as you say. I will bung them an e-mail and see what they say.

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

I long since learn't the pointlessness of direct subscriptions to magazines, much better to support your local post office or other news agent so you can sort such things out face to face. Greg

Reply to
Greg

Archie (and others) -

I have let them know that there is still a problem.

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree