Best source for inserts?

I need some DCM(T?) 1504 carbide inserts (among others), Jenny at JB
seems to be unavailable, J&L seem expensive, none on ebay at the
moment.
Any other suggestions?
Cheers
Tim
Dutton Dry-Dock
Vintage diesel engine service
Reply to
Tim Leech
Jenny's bound to be at Ally Pally later this week. If you can wait, and you let me know exactly what you want, I could pick 'em up and mail to you. --
Chris Edwards
I've just managed to get hold of her, she reckons she has some somewhere , has promised to post them to me.
Many Thanks
Tim Dutton Dry-Dock Traditional & Modern canal craft repairs Vintage diesel engine service
Reply to
Tim Leech
DCMT 1504XX inserts don't teem to be the world's most popular size. The J&L prices looked about par for the course to me, but then I'm used to paying too much for inserts :-(
Mark Rand RTFM
Reply to
Mark Rand
No, they don't, though the smaller DCMT are quite common. I've got a nice Seco boring bar which uses them.
Cheers Tim
Tim Leech
On or around Tue, 16 Jan 2007 11:12:32 +0000, Tim Leech enlightened us thusly:
'fraid I tend to go with J&L, who although not the cheapest seem to be reliable. They have (for most stuff) several ranges and qualities. Went with posh kennametal ones, which seem to be pricey wherever you buy 'em, last time - they seem pretty good, apart from a slight tendency to produce enormously long bits of swarf with jagged teeth along one side; but that might be my cavalier choice of cutting speeds, as it seems to vary quite considerably. I've had about 4ft long before now.
Reply to
Austin Shackles