Old CAV injector tester

I've got an old style CAV injector tester, the type with a standard
fuel pump, hand lever, & standard filter on top as a reservoir. I
haven't used it for few years, it's kicking around on the floor,
anyone here wanting to make proper use of it can have it if they
collect it.
A small donation of Beer tokens would be accepted but is not
essential.
Collect only (Warrington area)
Cheers
Tim
Dutton Dry-Dock
Vintage diesel engine service
Reply to
Tim Leech
I'd be interested if nobody else has laid claim. I had one from John R a year or so back but need to make one out of a pair by the look of things.
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Luton, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk
Prepair Ltd
Sold to the man in the grey van
Psst! Wanna buy a Beaver high speed swivelling head attachment?
Cheers Tim
Tim Leech
Silver, please!
Tell me more?
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web:
Peter A Forbes
I've never seen a Beaver with one of those, or is that just the effect it has ;-) ttfn Roland
Reply to
Roland Craven
Have you been at the bottle Roland, your Sun headlines were quite amusing also. :-))
Martin P
Roland Craven wrote:
Reply to
Campingstoveman
Stone cold sober yer 'onour. Its what happens whilst parts of the brain are wrestling with a grinding machine!
regards Roland
Reply to
Roland Craven
Sorry guv.
I'm not sure what the official description is of these. It clamps to the quill, takes its drive from the end of the spindle, & has a 2:1 increasing gearbox. The business end can swivel to any angle and takes 1/4" shank cutters. It's for machining the parts that others cannot reach. I was going to fit it to my Town Woodhouse mill, which would have meant a simple mod, but sold the mill before I got to it. I can't see a straightforward way to fit it to my Elliott, so it might as well go. I'll send you a pic if you're interested.
Cheers Tim
Tim Leech
If it is a genuine Beaver item, then I would definitely be interested. How is the drive taken? my machine is a 40int drive end.
I have got to talk with Tony Griffiths today, I'll have a look and see if the attachment is in the book I got from him or on his site.
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web:
Peter A Forbes
It's geniune Beaver, there's a slotted plate which engages with the dogs on the spindle. It looks to me as though it's designed to work with both 30 & 40 int.
I'll try to sort out a pic for you tonight.
Cheers Tim
Tim Leech
Sounds like a clone of the Bridgeport Quillmaster accessory..
Tom
Reply to
Tom
Not really a clone, but it's the same general idea
Cheers Tim Dutton Dry-Dock Traditional & Modern canal craft repairs Vintage diesel engine service
Reply to
Tim Leech