Lister LD1 power output

Hello all. I am having trouble finding out what the power output of a Lister LD1 should be and at what speed it should happen. I have an operators manual but no mention of output. It is out of a concrete mixwer. Can anyone help me out here? I have one I want to use to drive a heatpump compressor, if it is man enough. Also, has any one experience of using vegetable oil as fuel? Have found a fair amount of research stuff but most of it applies to modern automotive engines and definitly not direct injection! Trust I am not posting off topic here. I do have a D type that helps me mash cider apples if that helps to keep me on side!

Thanks (Exeter)

Reply to
Rodders

I once had an ex mixer LD and it was 1.75hp @ 900rpm. hth

Reply to
Roland Craven

I don't have figures but the generator version, presumably 1500 rpm, must have been about twice that.

Cheers Tim Dutton Dry-Dock Traditional & Modern canal craft repairs Vintage diesel engine service

Reply to
Tim Leech

Figures from Book 352/865

Max Gross 5bhp

3.5 bhp @ 1800 rpm 3 bhp @ 3000 rpm 2.4bhp @ 1200 rpm 2bhp @ 1000 rpm 1.6bhp @ 800 rpm

Peter

Peter A Forbes

***** 3 bhp @ 3000 rpm *****

Should be 3bhp @ 1500rpm

Peter

Peter A Forbes

I wouldn't want to be too close to an LD1 doing 3000 rpm

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech

Will they actually do it?!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Mine says 1.5HP @ 750 rpm

It currently drives the flywheel of a barring engine by belts.

This then drives through gearing to a 1907 S.S.Stott steam mill engine

- very slowly!

We are talking minutes per revolution!

Tim

Reply to
Tim Young

I wouldn't like to try

Tim Dutton Dry-Dock Traditional & Modern canal craft repairs Vintage diesel engine service

Reply to
Tim Leech

Yo guys,can a Lister with Bhp of 4.8 run a water pump of rpm 1500 with belts? Can it successfully draw water on a 55 degree slope?

Reply to
waltermokgophe