Lister LD1 power output

Hello all.
I am having trouble finding out what the power output of a Lister LD1
should be and at what speed it should happen. I have an operators
manual but no mention of output. It is out of a concrete mixwer. Can
anyone help me out here?
I have one I want to use to drive a heatpump compressor, if it is man
enough. Also, has any one experience of using vegetable oil as fuel?
Have found a fair amount of research stuff but most of it applies to
modern automotive engines and definitly not direct injection!
Trust I am not posting off topic here. I do have a D type that helps me
mash cider apples if that helps to keep me on side!
Thanks (Exeter)
Reply to
Rodders
I once had an ex mixer LD and it was 1.75hp @ 900rpm. hth
Reply to
Roland Craven
I don't have figures but the generator version, presumably 1500 rpm, must have been about twice that.
Cheers Tim Dutton Dry-Dock Traditional & Modern canal craft repairs Vintage diesel engine service
Reply to
Tim Leech
Figures from Book 352/865
Max Gross 5bhp 3.5 bhp @ 1800 rpm 3 bhp @ 3000 rpm 2.4bhp @ 1200 rpm 2bhp @ 1000 rpm 1.6bhp @ 800 rpm
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web:
Peter A Forbes
***** 3 bhp @ 3000 rpm *****
Should be 3bhp @ 1500rpm
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web:
Peter A Forbes
I wouldn't want to be too close to an LD1 doing 3000 rpm
Cheers Tim
Tim Leech
Will they actually do it?!
Tim..
Reply to
Tim..
Mine says 1.5HP @ 750 rpm
It currently drives the flywheel of a barring engine by belts.
This then drives through gearing to a 1907 S.S.Stott steam mill engine - very slowly!
We are talking minutes per revolution!
Tim
Reply to
Tim Young
I wouldn't like to try
Tim Dutton Dry-Dock Traditional & Modern canal craft repairs Vintage diesel engine service
Reply to
Tim Leech
Yo guys,can a Lister with Bhp of 4.8 run a water pump of rpm 1500 with belts? Can it successfully draw water on a 55 degree slope?
Reply to
waltermokgophe