Re: Design Table Saves

Did you ever resolve this? If so, what did it take?

WT

OK I'm new to SolidWorks. I'm using Version 2004 SP3 Just installed after > calling the tech support line today. > No help with the problem I was having.. Oh well > Have Excel 97 sp2 installed. > WinXP Pro 3Ghz 1Gbm. .. > > Anyway I started a model with a Design Table and was able to save it at > first as/in an external Excel file. Doing this mostly for backup, but may > want to let others access the table without SolidWorks. Database up keep > etc. > > After entering a dozen configs or so now SW just doesn't/won' save the > Design Table to an Excel sheet. > Any Ideas? Going to call the tech support line again tomorrow.. but I always > seen to find more help in the newsgroups..) > > I saw the thread about advanced design tables!! Now I just have to learn > more. Good.. > > jb.. > >
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Oops, Sorry. Been out for awhile.

I think I did. After playing around with it and looking at some other sample design tables. One from here of shoulder bolts, sorry I can't find the link to it.

I think what I was doing was placing lookup tables in line with the rows Solidworks wanted to use for the main design table. After moving these to the bottom of the sheet I could save the table externally. At least that's when it started letting me save again. 'Errors in sheet = don't save external' ??

jb...

Reply to
James