How to revise a block

I'm using AutoCAD LT 2002. I'm trying to revise a block. The book I'm using for reference says to insert the block (I want to modify it so it updates
the block and updates all associated block references.) Then it says choose Modify-In-placeXref and Block Edit. The Reference Edit dialog box comes up and then I can do my revisions. The problem is in the modify menu, the In-Place... does not exist. Is this feature only available in non LT version or is there a work around for this?
Thank you
I have AutoCAD 2002 full version, so I can only guess that you can only do that in the full version.
A way around this is explode the block, modify it, and redefine the block by using the same name.
Hope this helps.

using
this?
KWoz wrote: <SNIPPED>

Quick word of caution: Be SURE that the one you explode is rotated to 0 and scaled to 1 in all 3 axis!! (Not that I've ever neglected to do that........hehehe)
Also, forgot to add, that the same insertion point has to be used. I just add a line with the endpoint at the insertion point before I explode it, and don't include the line in the updated block.

block by

KWoz wrote:

Good catch! ;) I was thinking about that, but forgot to add it.